- LoginAccess your ApplicationOr learn more about our programmes and applyAccess MyINSEAD
The INSEAD-Wharton Alliance represents an unmatched opportunity for the development and delivery of knowledge about the world of business
- Provides a unique opportunity for MBA students to study across three continents
- Encourages joint research and teaching opportunities through faculty exchange
- Creates new knowledge through an unmatched combination of intellectual capital across the two schools with the INSEAD-Wharton Center for Global Research & Education
- Offers doctoral students the possibility of working under the supervision of top faculty from both schools
- Provides a unique capability of designing and delivering global Executive Education Programs across three continents
- Leverages the remarkable Alumni networks of both schools
The INSEAD-Wharton MBA exchange is a unique large-scale exchange of MBA students between two world class MBA programs. The opportunity for INSEAD and Wharton MBA participants to spend one period of study at the other school has been a key feature of the Alliance. The Alliance provides a unique learning experience and students benefit from the alliance by:
- Participating in a top MBA program on a different continent (learning about different cultural and business practices via academic curriculum, student group work, guest speakers)
- Getting full access to the Career Management Services of the partner school for the duration of stay (job board, career counsellors, industry guides, alumni database, mock interviews)
- Enriching their personal network through a vibrant social life and a rapid system of integration (buddy system, participation in student clubs)
To find out more about the INSEAD-Wharton exchange program please see MBA Exchange FAQs
PhD Student Exchange
The Ph.D. Student Exchange has become an integral part of the Alliance and has resulted in high quality joint research work, some of it leading to presentations at major field conferences and publications in top journals. In addition, the Ph.D. Student Exchange allows students from both schools to convene annually to present their research, exchange ideas and garner inspiration for future collaborative research.
Please find below the Alliance Ph.D.Student Exchange Applications:
- Alliance Doctoral Student Exchange FAQs
- Alliance Doctoral Student Terms of Exchange
- Alliance Doctoral Student Exchange Request Form
- Alliance Doctoral Student Short Term Visit Request Form
- Alliance Doctoral Student Funding Request Form
For information about the INSEAD Ph.D. programme, please click here.
The 11th Annual INSEAD-Wharton Doctoral Student Consortium was held at The Wharton School in Philadelphia on 13-14 October 2022.
The 11th Annual INSEAD-Wharton Doctoral Student Consortium was held at Wharton on 13-14 October 2022. See Photos below.
I've been lucky enough to attend several Consortiums. I've found them great opportunities to connect with peers, exchange ideas, share frustrations, and walk away re-energised to dive back into research. They also always have at least one faculty panel session in which I receive candid advice about the Ph.D. journey or academic career-path that I can't imagine having received otherwise.
INSEAD Doctoral Student of Marketing Science
The Alliance has been awesome for making friends, getting feedback, and making internal deadlines external. I have benefitted from data collaborations and discussions with INSEAD students, as well as learning from faculty from both campuses. Grateful for the opportunity & look forward to continued WINSEAD exchanges!
Wharton Doctoral student of Multinational Management and Strategy
This Consortium provided me an amazing opportunity to share my research, to receive valuable feedback, and, more importantly, to connect with my future colleagues in academia on the other side of the Alliance. I strongly recommend the Doctoral Consortium to everyone at both schools.
INSEAD Doctoral student of Finance
The INSEAD-Wharton Center for Global Research and Education encourages the exchange of faculty across the two schools.
The Faculty Exchange includes a variety of both long term and short term opportunities for faculty to spend time on the campus of the other school. The objective is to enhance knowledge-building capacity and to promote and facilitate joint research and teaching efforts. The Alliance finances travel expenses and living costs for the faculty member on the exchange.
Short term visits (STV) of up to four weeks encourage exploratory visits to the other school in order to establish research contacts with a view to enhancing research productivity. In addition to these visits, faculty members are invited to present their research during seminars and colloquia at the other school. Over 90 faculty members have visited the partner school to teach or carry out research
The INSEAD-Wharton Alliance endeavours to reinforce relationships established through the Alliance and to incite new collaboration by hosting large alumni events every year. The Alliance is continually looking for opportunities and creative ways to assemble alumni in order to encourage and inspire networks. For information about recent and upcoming events please contact us.
For information concerning our exchange programmes