NEW! Live Virtual session now available
M&As and Corporate Strategy is now offered via a live virtual platform, allowing you to experience the same course content and INSEAD faculty as the on-campus sessions, from anywhere in the world.
As with our on-campus session, the virtual session delivers a solid understanding of portfolio growth and restructuring, M&As and divestitures, as well as alliances.
Optional Finance Primer
New for 2021, you can now opt to take an additional finance primer ahead of the start of the session. This 4-hour self-paced online module consists of a series of short video clips and accompanying exercises to enhance your financial knowledge, and compliment your learning throughout the session. The topics covered will include:
- an introduction to value creation
- basic accounting (income statement, balance sheet, cash flow statement)
- an excel toolkit.
There will be an additional fee of €950 for this primer and the module must be completed ahead of the session start date.
To learn more about the finance primer or the live virtual format please contact the programme advisor.
About the programme
Build your growth capabilities
Building a successful company means knowing how to define your corporate strategy and choosing the best growth options. But it’s not easy. Growth can be hard to achieve, expensive, and can destroy value. You need to understand the challenges involved in driving growth through external means, such as alliances or acquisitions, and the strategies that will empower your firm to resolve these challenges.
The M&As and Corporate Strategy programme fully leverages the latest in faculty research and thought leadership. Together with next-generation teaching and learning methodologies, it delivers a solid understanding of portfolio growth and restructuring, M&As and divestitures, as well as alliances. You will explore the key issues through deep analysis and real-world case studies from a breadth of industries, including financial services, telecommunications and IT, chemicals and manufacturing.
How you benefit
- Corporate strategy. Define your optimal portfolio of businesses and an effective corporate growth strategy
- Acquisition strategies. Enhance your M&A capabilities through acquisitions with greater value creation potential, at the right price and with the right deal structure
- Post-M&A integration management. Design a post-M&A integration approach that fits your strategic objectives, while taking human constraints into account
This programme is designed for:
- CEOs, CFOs, general managers, senior executives, board members and those responsible for corporate strategy
- Corporate development officers, heads of M&As and those responsible for corporate partnerships
- Company advisors such as lawyers and investment bankers, or private equity executives concerned with M&A deals
This programme qualifies for the INSEAD Certificate in Global Management.
SkillsFuture Study Award
Singaporeans who are officially admitted to INSEAD's M&As and Corporate Strategy programme can apply for the Skillsfuture Study Award for International Business. The award entitles recipients a monetary grant of S$5,000. For more information, please visit the Skillsfuture website.
Which Strategy programme is for you?
We offer a variety of Strategy programmes designed to equip business leaders with the rigorous strategic thinking skills to uncover opportunities for creating and capturing value. View the comparison grid below to find out which Strategy programme best matches your needs.
Don’t be driven into acquiring rivals to grow your business — it can often end in tears, an academic tells Carly Chynoweth.