Skip to main content

Faculty & Research

Entrepreneurship & Family Enterprise - Academic Areas

Entrepreneurship and family enterprise

Entrepreneurship at INSEAD fosters a community in which curious minds across disciplines can exchange ideas with practitioners to solve important challenges faced by entrepreneurs and companies striving to build a new business. As the world-leading entrepreneurship area, we aspire to achieve academic excellence. Our thought leadership manifests in the impact and the volume of our collective research as well as in our faculty’s contribution to the academic community. On the teaching side, we offer the most comprehensive list of courses in entrepreneurship among peer institutions. Our teaching faculty combines leading academics who produces high-impact thought leadership research with seasoned entrepreneurs who bring to the classroom their wealth of experience. Entrepreneurship at INSEAD is an ideal platform for those who want to put their knowledge into action and contribute to the causes that truly matter.

Faculty Recruitment

There are no open positions available at this time.

Post-Doctoral Position

We are excited to announce an open position for a Postdoctoral Researcher to join the Entrepreneurship department at INSEAD and collaborate on projects at the intersection of Artificial Intelligence (AI) and Entrepreneurship. The postdoctoral fellow will be provided a salary and a small personal research budget and can join starting August/September 2024. This is a two-year position, assuming academic achievement and service at a level at or above expectations, with a formal review after the first year.

The postdoctoral fellow will work under the supervision of Profs Vibha Gaba, Henrich Greve, and Erdem Dogukan Yilmaz. The primary focus of this postdoc position will be to explore where AI converges with entrepreneurial practices. The selected candidate will work on projects investigating how AI technologies affect entrepreneurial strategies, decision-making processes, and startup development and growth landscape. This exploration may also extend beyond these areas. We value and support the pursuit of diverse research interests that contribute to our understanding of AI's broader impact on various aspects of entrepreneurial and organizing behaviors.

The role demands a strong foundation in practical aspects of AI, coupled with a keen understanding of entrepreneurial dynamics. Applicants should also possess strong data and methodological skills. While some data may be provided depending on the project’s specific requirements, the candidate should be adept at independently sourcing and analyzing relevant data.

The position requires a commitment of 70% of the time dedicated to projects in collaboration with the INSEAD faculty. These projects will allow the postdoc to contribute significantly to the field, working closely with our faculty. The remaining 30% of the time is allocated for the researcher to pursue independent projects. This structure is designed to encourage personal academic growth and exploration in areas of the postdoc’s interest within the broader theme of AI and Entrepreneurship.


  • Applicants must have completed (or be close to completing) a Ph.D. in Management, Computer Science, or a related social science discipline.
  • Excellent academic record and work ethic required.
  • Demonstrated expertise and a strong interest in entrepreneurship.
  • Proficiency in data collection and analysis. Prior work (including, but not limited to, the dissertation) must involve working with large datasets.
  • Excellent organizational and oral/written communication skills are required.
  • Enthusiasm for research is required. The ideal candidate will consider this position a platform to build skills toward taking on a research professorship in the future.
  • Strong programming skills in Stata and Python are required.


To be considered for the positions, please submit:

  1. curriculum vitae
  2. a brief profile of your research program, including a description of datasets you have worked on and the status of current projects
  3. up to three published or working research papers
  4. two letters of recommendation

Applications and letters of recommendation should be submitted to [email protected]. The review will begin immediately. Applications will be considered until the position is filled.

INSEAD is committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive academic community. We consider applicants for employment without regard to factors such as gender, race, sexual orientation, disability, or nationality.

We look forward to receiving your application and potentially welcoming you to our team!

Resident Faculty

Standing & Affiliate Faculty

Emeritus Faculty

Visiting Faculty


Post-Doctoral Researchers

Research Staff