Diversity is a foundational value of INSEAD. It is a value we hold dear, a cornerstone of the INSEAD education
As The Business School for the World, INSEAD commits to cultivating a community that pursues equity, exemplifies inclusion, and cherishes diversity in all its dimensions, including race, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, and religion.
Our global presence enables INSEAD to develop nuanced perspectives on the complex, multiple, and often inter-related equity, diversity, and inclusion challenges in global business and societies worldwide. In keeping with our mission to develop responsible leaders who transform business and society, we will employ these unique perspectives to develop Equity, Diversity & Inclusion (EDI) solutions both within our institution and the broader community by:
- facilitating the exchange of knowledge and best practices among our faculty and staff, our students, and the numerous global leaders in our alumni ranks; while
- sustaining our innovation, creativity, and rigour unlocked by the mindset of intellectual curiosity; and
- fostering initiatives to understand, partner with, and positively impact the local communities across our networks.
Our DEI Mission
DEI at INSEAD aims to build on the school’s founding values to
- Embed inclusive practices into the school’s operations;
- Create an environment where all community members feel welcome; and,
- Enhance the school’s efforts to produce graduates who will be inclusive leaders.
Business Schools Can Help ‘Break the Bias’ for Women
How Nasdaq’s Board Diversity Rule Creates Potential for Real Change
Why Allyship Is Key to Gender Balance
Recognising and Confronting Racism in Europe
DEI When We Need It the Most
Strategy and Leadership Lessons From the ‘Notorious RBG’
How Disempowerment Drives Demand for Risky Skin-Lightening Products
How LGBTQ+ Employees Can Embrace Authenticity
Healing the Social Wounds of Injustice
The Music Industry’s Best-Kept Secret? A Gender Creativity Gap
Disruption as a Force for Good? Gender Balance and COVID-19
The Pandemic Has Dealt a Blow to Gender Balance
Standing Against Systemic Racism
Recent events have shown that we are living through a global activist moment in which supporters of social justice and racial equality are coming together to demand – and help build – a better world. At what we hope will be a historic turning point, we declare our unqualified opposition to systemic racism wherever it resides. Spurred by these events and this optimism, we have initiated a serious, sustained reflection on how INSEAD can continue to be a force for good in the fight against discrimination in all its forms, both within our institution and in the broader communities that we impact.