Begins 11 Sep 2017
marketing in a globalised and digitised world
Marketing is globalised; marketing is digitised. The days of isolated or shielded markets – closed to foreign suppliers or competitors – are no more. All companies now operate in an international environment where customers can be scattered around the globe and new entrants can emerge from any economy with different business models and cost structures.
The Strategic Marketing Programme is a five-day intensive course that will sharpen your marketing skills, including designing, organising, executing and evaluating marketing activities in this complex global environment. You will explore today’s big marketing challenges, such as the impact of social media on brand management, low-price competition and market commoditisation.
Reframing current challenges as opportunities and providing participants with conceptual and practical tools, you will return to your worplace ready to make a difference.
How you benefit
- Build a marketing plan. Learn how to build a marketing plan based on customer insight and competitor analysis, including segmentation, targeting and positioning.
- Develop a brand strategy. Develop a brand strategy and positioning, leading to the creation and management of communication, pricing and distribution strategies with a focus on new social media.
- Evaluate new markets. Explore the implications of serving multiple markets and of the emergence of new markets as opportunities for sales growth and as threats – resulting from new brands entering your home markets.
The Strategic Marketing Programme is designed for executives with, or about to take up, marketing responsibilities and for those executives outside the marketing discipline whose role interacts with this function. Participants usually come from the following career levels:
- Senior functional manager
- Functional manager
- Specialist new to marketing.
This programme qualifies for the INSEAD Certificate in Global Management.
which Marketing and sales programme is for you?
We offer a variety of Marketing and Sales programmes. From high potentials to general managers to senior leaders, our programmes support executives through the key transitions of their careers. View the grid below to find out which Marketing and Sales programme best matches your needs.
When brands reach a certain number of followers, engagement starts to drop.
Customer satisfaction has an impact on firm value if, and only if, marketing managers make the right investments.
Startups and incumbents alike should think twice before giving into the temptation to “reboot” their brand.