- LoginAccess your ApplicationOr learn more about our programmes and applyAccess MyINSEAD
Call Europe Office
Begins 22 May 2023
Reserve a Seat
Begins 02 Oct 2023
Reserve a Seat
Strategic Marketing for Shareholder and Stakeholder Value
Marketing is much more than advertising and communication. Marketing is the essential strategic activity to generate shareholder value from understanding and addressing differences between customers. How do you do that sustainably in a rapidly changing, uncertain digital world where technology has altered
customer behaviour and empowers disruptive and cheaper competitors, and where addressing stakeholders from different parts of society is essential for your long-term success?
The Strategic Marketing Programme is a five-day intensive course that will sharpen your strategic marketing capabilities and help you position your brand/company to gain a competitive edge in ever-changing, challenging markets so that you can make a bigger impact on your organisation. The programme also addresses how you can leverage data and digital to provide the foundation for new efficiencies, more informed decisions, and elevated organisational agility – all critical requisites for anticipating and meeting customer needs as they unfold.
Throughout the programme, you will work on your own marketing plan with frameworks personalised to your role and receive constructive peer and faculty feedback. You will be able to apply these impactful takeaways into your strategy upon return to the office.
How you benefit
- Appreciate the strategic nature and importance of the marketing process and learn how to create a marketing plan using customer insights and competitor analysis, including segmentation, targeting, and positioning
- Develop a brand strategy and positioning, leading to the creation and management of communication, pricing and distribution strategies, including a focus on digital.
- Acquire strategic skills through rigorous teaching and well-structured frameworks to adapt and be resilient in the changing landscape.
The Strategic Marketing Programme is designed for:
- Executives and senior managers from all business areas who are interested in learning more about the essential strategic role of marketing in order to effectively integrate and leverage it with their business functions.
- Experienced marketing professionals who are seeking to build an agile marketing structure with the capabilities needed to deliver results.
- Specialists new to marketing or about to take up marketing responsibilities, or whose role interacts with the marketing function.
This programme qualifies for the INSEAD Certificate in Global Management.
Related videos and articles
How to Appease Your Customers After Your Algorithm Rejects Them
No one likes to hear “computer says no”. But there may be more ways to be transparent about algorithm-driven rejections than you think.
What Drives Consumers to Share Online Content,
How to craft social media posts that drive both clicks and profits.
Building Digital Resilience Around the Customer.
Resilient businesses use digital technologies, data and analytics to create long-term customer value.
The Neuroscience Behind What the Crowd Thinks
Pain is central to the human experience. While some suffer in silence, others are wildly vocal about the slightest prick of pain.
Strategising Customisation and Privacy in the Digital Age
Five golden rules to effectively balance personalisation and customer protection.
Which Healthy Eating Nudges Work Best?
Our framework shoes how to guide consumers to choose healthier food options.
Strategic Marketing Programme Video
Reframing current challenges as opportunities and providing participants with conceptual and practical tools, you will return to your workplace ready to make a difference.
The Unexpected Product Benefit Can Be a Powerful Marketing Tool
Framing a product feature as an unexpected benefit may stoke consumer desire..
The Growing Power of Marketers in The Business World
Within the field, marketing communications are on an uptrend, while channel management is declining.
Call Europe Office