Develop your understanding of the financial dimensions of business
Progressing towards greater leadership positions means learning to cut through greater complexity. It means broadening your understanding of the entire business, in order to make the most effective strategic and tactical decisions. Finance is one of the core pillars of any business organisation. Building financial understanding into your decision-making is critical as you advance. So too is developing the financial literacy to communicating your decision both inside and outside of your organisation.
Financial Analysis for Non-Financial Managers accelerates your understanding of the core financial dimensions of business. The programme empowers you with a robust valuation framework to make strategic decisions on future investments – and to assess the impact of past decisions you and your business have taken.
The programme will explore decision-making frameworks within the firm, using evaluation tools to evaluate the impact and efficacy of different projects. It will take a deep dive into valuation at the firm level, getting to grips with new techniques and mechanisms to estimate the value of an enterprise.
You will emerge from the programme with the understanding, the knowledge and the skills to make solid financial forecasts and better strategic decisions. You benefit from enhanced ability to execute your decisions, while accurately monitoring past investments. And you will build the expertise and the confidence to communicate your plans and results to both financial and nonfinancial audiences.
How you benefit
- Enhance your literacy of financial statements and terminology
- Improve your understanding of how strategic decisions impact financial metrics
- Gain insights into how revenues, costs and profits are allocated to products, customers and divisions
- Learn methodologies of financial decision making based on rigorous, but intuitive, frameworks including net present value (NPV), Internal Rate of Return (IRR), and Economic Value Added (EVA).
Financial Analysis for Non-Financial Managers is designed for executives who require a better understanding of the financial impact of strategic choices. They are typically:
- Decision makers within an organisation overseeing significant resources
- Mid- to senior-level executives without extensive training in accounting or finance
- From functional areas outside of Finance, including: Operations; Marketing; Research and Engineering; Legal; Strategy and General Management
For senior level executives who already possess some basic skills in finance and accounting but wish to develop these further we recommend INSEAD’s Finance for Executives programme. Finance for Executives is a two week residential programme that begins with a review of the basics of financial analysis, but moves on to more advanced topics such as the cost of capital; capital structure decisions; and mergers and acquisitions – among other topics.
Embracing the exciting new possibilities
created by digital
Our online programmes combine our deep expertise in developing high-quality executive programmes that translate into business impact with the convenience of modern online learning. INSEAD is among the top three Executive Education providers globally, with a world-class faculty and an ability to deliver cutting-edge business content to an international business community. True to our pioneering spirit and tradition of innovation, in 2014 we started developing customised online programmes for leading global companies including Microsoft and Accenture. A tremendous success, our customised online programmes have now won numerous learning industry awards based on strong results for completion rates, for relevance, and for business impact across more than 35,000 executives.
Effective online programmes must overcome one key challenge: sustaining the interest and the motivation of participants during the programme. We do this in myriad ways that build on the high-quality delivery and expertise for which INSEAD is renowned. There are multidimensional interactions with peers and world-class faculty, individual learning support from our coaches, certification upon successful completion, and real-time application back to participants’ own context.
Deputy Dean of INSEAD, Dean of Innovation
The Eli Lilly Chaired Professor of Strategy and Innovation
INSEAD's cutting-edge online programmes
Through outstanding design and delivery, INSEAD’s online programmes build upon our world-class faculty’s ability to convey very complex concepts in the simplest yet most comprehensible way.
- Content designed specifically for the online format, including short high-impact videos
- Professional, television-quality filming in INSEAD amphitheatres with actual participants
- Use of relevant and engaging examples and short case studies from a wide range of industries
Through a rich set of interactive elements, we build a community of faculty, learning coaches and diverse, high-quality global executives who learn together as a group - one of INSEAD’s strengths.
- A mobile-friendly learning platform built to maximise interaction and engagement
- Faculty answering questions during the programme via live calls and just-in-time videos
- A learning coach guides participants through the programme at each step, simulating content discussions and helping them with their learning.
- The guided ‘real-world assignments’ feature of the programmes encourages participants to take newly acquired skills and apply them within the context of their actual job and organisation.
- The projects are closely aligned with the learning in the programme and benefit from the learning community, with feedback from the learning coach and from peer review.
Upon successful completion of all programme activities, combined with satisfactory grades on the final assignment, participants are awarded with an official Certificate of Completion from INSEAD, which they can also showcase on their LinkedIn profile. The top performers will receive a Certificate with Distinction.