Developing a strategic mindset in the fast-changing banking world
Strategic Management in Banking addresses the needs of leaders, including managers and board members, as well as financial advisors and consultants willing to play a key role in financial markets.
It focuses on the global reassessment of the financial strategic canvas with the emergence of new players (e.g., Fintech and TechFin); new tools (e.g., Digital Finance, RobotAdvisory, Blockchain, Platform Finance, PeerFinance); the role of ecosystems; the fast-changing regulatory environment; new issues such as sustainability, the millennial challenge and digital transformation; and rising macro uncertainty such as financial fragility.
It provides a place for leaders and experts in the Financial arena to bond, share experience and confront themselves with the new financial world.
It also offers insights on how to turn strategic threats into viable and sustainable opportunities.
How you benefit
- Gain expertise in strategic positioning, competition with new entrants and growth
- Assess the future of the financial markets, identify the challenges and the opportunities and learn how to turn challenges into opportunities
- Learn how to craft holistic solutions for the financial clients
- Develop new ideas to reach clients with big data and digital offering
- Enhance, with the help of a simulation, your skills in value creation and risk control
- Bond with leaders and experts in the Financial arena
Strategic Management in Banking will benefit different profiles of participants: incumbents and disruptors.
- The incumbents are senior bankers (including board members responsible for retail, corporate, capital markets and international banking) as well as financial advisors and consultants interested in the new strategic landscape
- The disruptors are new players coming into the financial market and willing to understand how to create value within it (financial entrepreneurs, wealth managers, Fintech operators and family offices)
This programme qualifies for the INSEAD Certificate in Global Management.
Related videos and articles
Jean Dermine discusses the disruptive issues likely to impact the banking sector in the year ahead and how business leaders should adapt.
An article by Jean Dermine on The Banker
Programme Director Jean Dermine discusses the impact of digital innovations on banking and how business leaders should adapt.
"There is in my opinion an urgent need to address the shortcomings of an unstable European Banking Union" writes Programme Director Jean Dermine in an exclusive essay on finews.asia.
Will digital banking bring market disruption, or is it simply a fad and another case of déjà vu?
2015 was the best year for venture investment in US Fintech start-ups since 2000, with $21.6 billion invested, but the number of deals fell for the first time since 2009.