NEW! Live Virtual session now available
Strategic Management in Banking is now offered via a live virtual platform, allowing you to experience the same course content and INSEAD faculty as the on-campus sessions, from anywhere in the world.
As with our on-campus session, the virtual session provides senior bankers and board members with the opportunity to reassess and explore the future of banking, developing new approaches for strategic management in a fast changing environment.
To learn more about the virtual format please contact the programme advisor.
About the programme
Developing a strategic mindset in the fast-changing banking world
How should banks reassess their strategies after the global financial crisis? What are the strategic implications of the final Basel III (Basel IV) regulations on capital and liquidity? How will big data and digital banking change the future of banking? How to sustain revenue growth?
The Strategic Management in Banking programme provides senior bankers and board members with the opportunity to reassess and explore the future of banking, developing new approaches for strategic management in a fast changing environment: the outcome of the financial crisis, final Basel III (Basel IV) regulations on capital and liquidity, bail-in debt, ultra-low interest rates, and digital disruption by FinTech companies.
How you benefit
- Build a command of strategic positioning. Gain expertise in strategic positioning, including competition with new entrants and growth.
- Understand new threats and opportunities for banks. Explore Fintech, TechFin, digitalization and digital banking
- Reassess asset management and private banking. Explore and anticipate the future of investment banking, private banking, commercial and retail banking.
- Master big data and digital banking strategies. Learn to use big data, social media and digital banking to develop new ideas for cultivating customer-centricity.
- Enhance your skills in value creation and risk control (ALM). Using simulation that recreates an international banking environment, you will perfect your skills in long-term value creation and risk control.
- Discuss strategy implementation and trust. Understand the common pitfalls in strategy implementation and learn how to make it happen.
The programme is designed specifically for senior bankers (including board members, responsible for retail, corporate, capital markets and international banking) as well as financial and banking consultants who are interested in the new strategic landscape.
This programme qualifies for the INSEAD Certificate in Global Management.
Related videos and articles
Jean Dermine discusses the disruptive issues likely to impact the banking sector in the year ahead and how business leaders should adapt.
An article by Jean Dermine on The Banker
Programme Director Jean Dermine discusses the impact of digital innovations on banking and how business leaders should adapt.
"There is in my opinion an urgent need to address the shortcomings of an unstable European Banking Union" writes Programme Director Jean Dermine in an exclusive essay on finews.asia.
Will digital banking bring market disruption, or is it simply a fad and another case of déjà vu?
2015 was the best year for venture investment in US Fintech start-ups since 2000, with $21.6 billion invested, but the number of deals fell for the first time since 2009.