Begins 18 Sep 2017
Begins 05 Dec 2017
Develop your negotiation skills
We are all experienced negotiators. We face challenging and complex problems of persuasion and influence on a daily basis. We buy and sell. We manage workers and work for managers. We deal with friends, family, colleagues, merchants, organisations and institutions all the time. Yet building agreement among people who often do not share the same interests, perceptions and values is challenging and sometimes elusive. What are some of the reasons for falling short of success – and how can we address them?
The Negotiation Dynamics programme examines stumbling blocks that cause negotiation to fail and what can be done about them. At the same time, it teaches you how to become a better, more effective negotiator, able to build sustainable, relationship-enhancing deals.
In three intensive days, in a challenging, action-orientated international environment, you will develop your personal negotiation style, learning new skills and strategies and, above all, getting the practice you need to be confident and effective.
How you benefit
- Improve your negotiation outcomes. Increase your efficiency, build better relationships with fewer conflicts, drive more engagement and gain more confidence
- Learn best practices and processes. Be equipped with the necessary knowledge to navigate any negotiation, from preparing and debriefing a negotiation, to situational awareness that will allow you to understand the best negotiation moves to take at any given moment, understanding what happened to predicting what is likely to happen next
- Practice, practice, practice. Acquire hands-on practice enabling you to strengthen weak points and preparing you to return to work
- Maximise value and minimise risk in your negotiations. Develop a sustainable and situational approach for maximising value and minimising risk and resistance in your negotiation
- Develop a new mindset. Acquire new tools, change your behaviour and develop a new mindset
- Follow-up learning. Post-programme 1-on-1 coaching sessions that encourage a continuous, lifelong learning journey that will help you influence thoughts, feelings, perceptions and behaviours
Negotiation Dynamics delivers great strategic and operational leverage to any executive who needs to interact with others to get results.
Participants include executives with many different roles, including:
- Board members
- Executives involved in mergers, acquisitions or joint-venture negotiations
- Project Managers
- Human resources managers
- Sales and procurement managers
- Audit and compliance managers
- Key-account managers
- Barristers and lawyers.
This programme qualifies for the INSEAD Certificate in Global Management.
why are we different?
Blending best practice examples with this strategic focus enables you to understand, think and come up with your own solutions. This leads to a much more sustainable and high impact way of learning to better negotiate.
Now that the UK has exercised its democratic right to follow its own path, the future will depend on how both sides enter a challenging and tricky negotiation.
Throwing all your ideas onto the table can put you at risk of revealing too much and giving the other party an advantage. But careful brainstorming at crucial points of the negotiation can yield more value all round.
When negotiators refuse to consider others’ objectives, they miss out on a much better outcome.
We’re familiar with the idea of negotiating a salary, but negotiating for greater time and task diversity may be just as important for our emotional and professional fulfilment.