NEW! Blended session now available
The Strategy Execution Programme is now offered in a blended format, giving you the flexibility to learn virtually from anywhere in the world, as well as on campus.
This new blended programme will include virtual and online learning to deliver the insights and tools you need to bridge the gap between the rational development of strategy and real-life execution. This will be followed by an immersive, intensive and in-situ campus experience.
Making your strategy work by overcoming the barriers to execution
Most companies believe that – after careful strategic review, analysis and planning – they have a winning strategy. However, our latest research shows that 70 per cent of companies fail to get what they want out of their strategic plan and that the problems usually begin with execution. The result of this is both organisational failure and individual stress and frustration – especially for the executives charged with implementation.
Rationally, these executives have clear ideas and know what they need to do – and yet they cannot get it done. They may even have read the recent research, showing that hidden psychological or sociological factors are as important for success as the rational or measureable factors.
INSEAD’s Strategy Execution Programme provides the insights and tools to bridge that difficult gap between the rational development of strategy and real-life execution. It helps to identify hidden traps, balance the rational with the emotional and build the internal capability to continue implementing strategy successfully. Last but not least, the programme provides a ready-made support network in the form of fellow participants facing similar challenges. Arrive with a strategy report... and leave with an action plan that delivers results.
How you benefit
- Gain clarity on your strategic challenge. Come with a heightened awareness of your strategic aspirations and challenges and leave with a more realistic, actionable plan of execution
- Identify hidden barriers. Gain new insights about the hidden barriers to strategic execution and how to overcome them
- Build an actionable plan of execution. Acquire a deep understanding of how to get results from future strategic initiatives
- Understand the psychological dynamics between strategy execution practitioners and stakeholders
The programme is designed to benefit three key groups: managers who are new to implementing strategy; those moving into a more challenging implementation role; or executives simply looking for new ideas to try where others have failed.
Typically, they will be:
- General managers who head business units, e.g. country managers, or product or division heads
- Executives with accountability for outcome and direct control of significant resources (budgets and groups of people), e.g. heads of business units, managers of significant departments or leaders of major project teams.
This programme qualifies for the INSEAD Certificate in Global Management.
Which Strategy programme is for you?
We offer a variety of Strategy programmes designed to equip business leaders with the rigorous strategic thinking skills to uncover opportunities for creating and capturing value. View the At a Glance grid below to find out which Strategy programme best matches your needs.
The precipitous decline of Nokia in the smart phone market serves as a salutary tale for anyone responsible for company strategic planning. However, according to a research project undertaken by INSEAD Associate Professor of Strategy, Quy Huy, and Tim Vuori from Aalto University in Finland, collective emotions, not strategy, explain the decline of the Nokia empire.