Live Virtual programmes take place live and online between 08.30 to 13.30 CEST / 14.30 to 19.30 SGT. However please note that on some occasions the teaching day may be slightly longer or start earlier, with some sessions specifically scheduled to accommodate participants logging in from Europe or Asia. For exact details of the programme’s times, please get in touch with the Programme Advisor.
NEW! Live Virtual session now available
Women Leaders Programme is now offered virtually, allowing you to experience the same course content and INSEAD faculty as the on-campus sessions, from anywhere in the world.
Why go virtual?
- Experience the same course content and INSEAD faculty as you would on campus, from anywhere in the world
- Maximise your virtual learning experience with rich one-on-one personalised coaching scheduled at your convenience
- Expand your networking opportunities through our virtual platform.
About the programme
Increase your influence and drive impact
Despite compelling evidence that more diversity in senior management ranks increases organisational performance, the proportion of women in key leadership roles remains low in most organisations. Women face a unique set of challenges when progressing into senior leadership positions, including unconscious bias, a scarcity of role models, and a peer group that continually shrinks the more senior they become. These can make striving for the top a lonely and frustrating endeavour even in organisations with the best intentions to support their top female talent.
Women executives rarely have an opportunity to come together and share their leadership experiences in a learning environment that has direct relevance and personal impact. INSEAD’s Women Leaders Programme is designed to create just this environment. It addresses leadership issues that affect all executives, in a forum that hones in on the unique challenges women encounter. It creates a network of today’s senior women leaders, empowering them to take hold of their careers and aim for the top.
How you benefit
- Hear cutting-edge ideas about leadership, and learn tried and tested techniques you can apply to overcome the unique challenges faced by women leaders.
- Develop greater confidence and a better understanding of your personal leadership style, enabling you to carry out and lead change effectively within your business.
- Work with a professional coach to develop clear aims for your ongoing personal and professional development
- Access a community of peers, women succeeding in senior leadership roles around the world.
INSEAD’s Women Leaders Programme brings together an elite group of women business leaders. It will benefit executives from a range of disciplines and managerial backgrounds, who:
- have reached the office of vice-president or have an equivalent level of responsibility
- have been identified as high-potential leaders and have used that opportunity to their advantage
- are seeking to enhance their leadership skills, and demonstrate strong drive to reach the top of their organisation
- have a minimum 15 years of professional work experience.
This programme qualifies for the INSEAD Certificate in Global Management.
Featured interviews with past participant of the Women Leaders Programme
The feelings of inclusivity engendered by the programme, the group support, the coaching and the degree of personal customisation the experience offered, were truly transformative. I felt sharing my own leadership story with my peers, and getting fresh eyes on my personal challenges, beliefs, as well as hearing perspectives on problems from other women from different backgrounds facing similar issues was a really powerful way to gain confidence in myself and my own journey.
Director of Global Talent Management, Diversity and Inclusion at Pernod Ricard
The programme delivered both the analytical, research-based piece and the personal development toolkit that empowers you to dig deeper and build your self-awareness... [It] challenges you to think hard about yourself and really explore the depths of personal insecurities as well as strengths. It's an intensely emotional week. There’s also this unique dynamic when you bring 40 different women together. You create a safe space in which to open yourself up to the learning.
Monique Slee-Valentijn, M.D.
Director of Specialised Elderly Care, Cordaan
Which Leadership programme is for you?
INSEAD's variety of Leadership programmes help you to develop new skills and self-awareness to influence and inspire those around you. And in today's increasingly international business environment, you also need to adapt your skills and self-awareness to lead across cultures and borders. View the At a Glance grid below to find out which Leadership programme best matches your needs.
"Women face unique and varied challenges as they ascend to leadership positions", says Jennifer Petriglieri, Assistant Professor of Organisational Behaviour at INSEAD.
Your strategic network is made up of relationships that help you to envision the future, sell your ideas and get the information and resources you need to exploit them.
To become a successful leader, you have to ditch the conventional “think before doing” logic and instead start acting like a leader in order to start thinking like a leader.