Please visit Dates & Fees for more session dates
NEW! Live Virtual session now available
The Leadership Transition is now offered via live virtual platforms, allowing you to experience the same course content and INSEAD faculty as the on-campus sessions, from anywhere in the world.
A live, engaging, interactive teaching format with virtual group discussions – INSEAD Live Virtual is a new exciting offering with an optimal learning outcome.
Why go virtual?
- Maximise the virtual learning experience with our fully interactive GO-Live platform, which play an integral part of the programme experience
- Engage live with faculty and peers just like you would in an INSEAD classroom
- Expand your networking opportunities through specially designed virtual sessions
- Alternate between class sessions and smaller group exchanges using different platforms that are specifically adapted to virtual delivery
- Additional one-on-one personalised coaching tailored to your personal action plans, specially designed for only this virtual session.
Becoming a leader is within your reach
You have strong management experience. You’ve been told you have leadership potential. You know you can make a larger impact. You are poised to take the leap. How do you prepare yourself for the critical transition to a greater leadership role?
The Leadership Transition is an extraordinary, unconventional opportunity to invest in your professional success as a leader. Reflect on your individual leadership style and develop a plan to expand your comfort zone. Strengthen your coalition-building and influencing skills, and learn how to use power constructively. Examine the best practices for managing change. Learn about the systemic factors in your work environment and in your own behaviour that can work against your plans. Most importantly, join a vibrant, international network of aspiring leaders and discover the keys to your future impact.
How you benefit
- Gain personal insight: Gain valuable insight into your leadership style and its impact.
- Develop a leadership strategy: Develop a more constructive use of leadership power, allowing for more effective behaviour and results as a leader.
- Become a transformational change agent: Become a more effective change agent, facilitating an increase in positive results from senior-level initiatives.
The Leadership Transition programme is designed for mid-career professionals with strong management experience, who are preparing to take on enhanced leadership responsibilities. The programme will broaden participants’ scope of vision to prepare them to transition from functional or operational roles into roles that are more strategic.
This group of accomplished women and men shares a wealth of functional, industry and international experience with up to 20 nationalities in class. Acceptance to the programme implies a full commitment to be present and engaged throughout both modules. Modules are not interchangeable between sessions.
This programme qualifies for the INSEAD Certificate in Global Management.
Featured interviews with past participants
I think as we progress in our lives and careers, we tend to become comfortable in our thinking and our ideas about how the world operates. Coming to INSEAD, you get exposed to a new, global perspective that really shakes things up and offers you a truly fresh perspective on things.
Head of Funding and Investments within the Treasury of the Black Sea Trade and Development Bank
Based on the school’s reputation and what my friend had shared with me, I expected the teaching and the materials to be first class. So yes, I had very high expectations. And they were met and exceeded in every sense. It’s simply world-class. The calibre and quality of the INSEAD experience are unique. It’s also so enriching to have the opportunity to go back to school in a sense, and to invest in yourself both personally and professionally. Doing that at INSEAD is just an outstanding experience.
Global Strategic Marketing Manager at The Dow Chemical Company in Horgen, Switzerland
Which Leadership programme is for you?
INSEAD's variety of Leadership programmes help you to develop new skills and self-awareness to influence and inspire those around you. And in today's increasingly international business environment, you also need to adapt your skills and self-awareness to lead across cultures and borders. View the comparison grid below to find out which Leadership programme best matches your needs.
To become a successful leader, you have to ditch the conventional “think before doing” logic and instead start acting like a leader in order to start thinking like a leader.
When your unhappiness affects your productivity and that of those around you, it’s time to reassess how you are living your life.