- LoginAccess your ApplicationOr learn more about our programmes and applyAccess MyINSEAD
Kian Siong Tey
PhD Student in Organisational Behaviour
Email: [email protected]
Conflicts/Disputes, Values, Negotiations, Alternative dispute resolution, Morality, Organisational Behaviour, Organizational Psychology, Social Psychology, Meta-science
Year of Entry: 2018
Research Interests: My primary interest lie at the intersection of values and conflicts within organizations. How do people's values impact conflicts and how can we better manage value differences? I have a secondary interest in meta-science. How can we make better causal inferences with the tools that we have and how far away are we from making accurate inferences?
Loschelder, D.*, Tey, K. S.*, Trötschel, R., & Swaab, R. I. (2020). [Title Redacted]. Revise and Resubmit at OBHDP (1st round).
* Denotes equal contribution
Madan, N., Tey, K. S., Thau, S., & Swaab, R. I. (2021). [Title Redacted]. Under review at PSPR.
Cyrus-Lai, W., Tey, K. S., Schaerer, M., van Aert, R., van Assen, M., Thau, S., & Uhlmann E. (2020). Politics and p-values: Does ideology contribute to publication bias in experimental studies on gender and racial discrimination in hiring? Data collection in progress.
Tierney, W., Schaerer, M., van Aert, R., van Assen, M., Tey, K. S., Thau, S., & Uhlmann, E. L. (2020). Gender Audit Studies. Data collection in progress.
Swaab, R. I., Brett, J. M., Tey, K. S. (2020). Third Parties Resolving Disputes: Building Empathic Relationships in Caucuses Prior to Joint Meetings. Data collection in progress.
Tey, K. S., & Swaab, R. I. (2021). Moralization of Conflicts: Antecedents and Consequences. Idea generation in progress.
Dual Identity Mediation and Inter-Group Conflict: How Third Parties Can Manage Group Identities to Resolve Disputes
- 2020, November - 9th Annual Wharton-INSEAD Doctoral Consortium (virtual)
The Impact of Concession Patterns on Negotiations: When and Why Decreasing Concessions Lead to a Distributive Disadvantage
- 2020, August - 80th Annual Meeting of the Academy of Management (virtual)
- 2020, July - 33rd Annual Conference of the International Association of Conflict Management (virtual)
- 2021, May - 21st Annual Trans-Atlantic Doctoral Conference (virtual)
Think or Feel before Delivering Feedback?: Perspective Taking and Empathy Result in Different Feedback
- 2019, August - 79th Annual Meeting of the Academy of Management, Boston, MA.