Phone: +65 6799 5335
Applied Microeconomics and Game Theory, Pricing, Retailing, Distribution Channels and Supply Chain Management, Services Marketing and Management
Retailing, Contemporary Channels of Distribution, Services Marketing and Management, Marketing Management
V. “Paddy” Padmanabhan is a Professor of Marketing and the Unilever Chaired Professor of Marketing at the INSEAD Asia campus. He is the Academic Director of the Emerging Markets Institute.
Prior to joining INSEAD, Professor Padmanabhan was the John K. and Ellen A. Wallace Distinguished Professor of Marketing at the Olin School of Business, Washington University (1998-2002), and an Associate Professor of Marketing and the Fletcher Jones Faculty Fellow at the Graduate School of Business, Stanford University (1990-1998). He has served as a visiting professor at the Kellogg Graduate School of Management, Northwestern University, and INSEAD (Europe campus).
Professor Padmanabhan directs the Asian International Executive Programme, the Leading Effective Sales Force programme, the INSEAD Leadership Programme for Senior Executives - India, and the Certificate in Business Acumen programme.
His current research focuses on business opportunities and challenges in the developing economies, economic crises and their implications, pricing and supply chain management. He is among the top 250 most highly-cited scholars in the world in the field of economics and business. His research has received numerous awards including the recognition in the Ten Most Influential Papers of Management Science's First Fifty Years (1954-2004). He has consulted, delivered Executive Education courses, and acted as an expert witness for various companies, ranging from multinationals (e.g., Hewlett Packard, Nokia, Syngenta, Coca-Cola, Lufthansa, Monsanto, Target, Japan Tobacco, Westpac, OCBC, etc.) to start-ups across Asia, North and South Americas, and Europe.
- WORKING PAPERS - Setting Price or Quantity: Depends on What the Seller is Uncertain
- JOURNAL ARTICLES - An Econometric Model of Location and Pricing in the Gasoline Market - Journal of Marketing Research
- JOURNAL ARTICLES - Internet Based Service Institutions: a Comment on 'Marketing Models of Service and Relationships by Rust & Chong. - Marketing Science
- JOURNAL ARTICLES - Durable Goods, Extended Warranty and Channel Coordination - Review of Marketing Science
- JOURNAL ARTICLES - Reply: Do Returns Policies Intensify Retail Competition - Marketing Science
- JOURNAL ARTICLES - The Bullwhip Effect: Reflections - Management Science
- BOOK CHAPTERS - Airpork - From Zero to Hero: What Next? - Prentice Hall
- CASE STUDIES - Airpork - From Zero to Hero: What Next?