Phone: +65 6799 5342
Creativity, Personality, Leadership, Decision-Making
Leadership, Creativity, Influence, Change, Communication, Organisational Behaviour, Groups and Teams, General Management
Media & Photography
Dr. Thomas Mannarelli joined the Organisational Behaviour area at INSEAD in 1997 and specializes in issues related to creativity, innovation and leadership in organizations. He has instructed, consulted, conducted seminars and directed executive education programmes with leading international companies and government agencies representing a wide range of industries. Some of the companies he has worked with include Standard Chartered Bank, Siam Cement Group, Glaxo-Smith Kline, DKSH, Shell, Nissan, ABN-AMRO, Philip Morris, UGS, Etisalat, Pernod-Ricard, Pictet, Umicore, Visa, Swire, Singtel, Mubadala, Adidas, Publicis, IBM, and the Chartered Accountants of Ireland. He has teaching and consulting experience around the world having worked in countries as diverse as Japan, the Netherlands, Australia, Thailand, Malaysia, Ireland, United Arab Emirates, South Korea, Vietnam, France, Indonesia, United States, and China.
His research focuses on the different facets of creativity that either facilitate or hinder creative behaviour in organizations. He also studies individual differences (e.g., personalities, motivations, attitudes) and their relationships to physical environments and he has also researched the effects of process and group size on team decision-making and creativity. His work has been published in academic journals such as the Journal of Personality and Social Psychology, as well as practitioner-oriented outlets such as the Financial Times.
Professor Mannarelli obtained his PhD from the Haas School of Business at the University of California, Berkeley, and has a B.S. in Business Administration from Indiana University. He has also held visiting faculty positions at Cheung Kong Graduate School of Business in China and the University of California, Berkeley in the United States. In addition to an active role in executive education at INSEAD he is also a regular lecturer in the MBA programme. His courses have covered a wide range or behavioural management topics including leadership, creativity, team-building, communication, influence, negotiations, decision-making, careers, work-life balance, and managing change. He teaches regularly at each of INSEAD’s campuses in France, Singapore and Abu Dhabi, and is presently based in Singapore.
- Journal Articles - Accounting for Leadership; Building the Bridges to Charismatic, Transformational Leadership through Reflection and Self-Awareness - Accountancy Ireland
- Book Chapters - Unlocking the Secrets of Business Innovation - FT Prentice Hall
- Book Chapters - World Wrestling Federation: Vince McMahon vs. Bret the Hitman Hart - McGraw-Hill Education
- Journal Articles - A Room with a Cue: Personality Judgments Based on Offices and Bedrooms - Journal of Personality and Social Psychology
- Case Studies - The World Wrestling Federation (A): Vince McMahon vs. Bret "the Hitman" Hart
- Journal Articles - Learning How Organizations Mitigate Risk - (None)