Phone: +33 1 60 72 41 57
Production and Operations Management, Health Care, Service Operations, Stochastic Simulation, Bayesian Inference, Risk and Uncertainty, Mathematical Modeling
Production and Operations Management, Service Operations, Health Care Management, Simulation, Stochastic Modeling and Statistical Inference
Pharmaceuticals and Health
Stephen Chick is a Professor of Technology and Operations Management and the Academic Director of the Healthcare Management Initiative at INSEAD. He directs the following Executive Education programmes: Middle East Health Leadership Programme, Strategic Innovation for Community Health, and Innovating Health for Tomorrow. He received his MSc and PhD in Industrial Engineering and Operations Research from the University of California at Berkeley, and his BSc in Mathematics from Stanford University. Prior to joining INSEAD, he taught process modelling, simulation and information systems as a faculty member at the University of Michigan.
He worked for five years in the automotive and software industries before joining academia. In the MBA programme, he has taught the Process and Operations Management core course and the Management of Services elective course. He codirects the Industrial Excellence Award competition, that recognises top factories in Western Europe, as described in Usine Nouvelle and WirtschaftsWoche magazines. His research brings together simulation and statistical decision-making tools to help improve process design decisions in a variety of industries including the health sector. His research has been funded by the US Environmental Protection Agency, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, and the National Institutes of Health, and he has worked with several pharma, vaccine and healthcare delivery organisations. Most recently, he is working on process excellence in healthcare delivery, systems thinking for resource allocation in healthcare systems, and Bayesian approaches to optimal sequential sampling.
Steve provides leadership and service to several academic journals and professional organisations. He was President of the Institute for Operations Research and Management Science's Simulation Society, and is on the editorial boards of the journals Management Science, Operations Research, as well as Production and Operations Management.''
- JOURNAL ARTICLES - Information Elicitation and Influenza Vaccine Production - Operations Research
- JOURNAL ARTICLES - Bayesian Optimization via Simulation with Pairwise Sampling and Correlated Prior Beliefs - Operations Research
- JOURNAL ARTICLES - Europe's Solution Factories - Harvard Business Review
- JOURNAL ARTICLES - Optimal Hiring and Retention Policies for Heterogeneous Workers who Learn - Management Science
- JOURNAL ARTICLES - A Game Theoretic Model of International Influenza Vaccination Coordination - Management Science
- JOURNAL ARTICLES - Sequential Sampling with Economics of Selection Procedures - Management Science
- JOURNAL ARTICLES - Economic Analysis of Simulation Selection Problems - Management Science
- JOURNAL ARTICLES - The Cost-effectiveness of Surgical Instrument Management Policies to Reduce the Risk of vCJD Transmission to Humans - Journal of the Operational Research Society
- JOURNAL ARTICLES - A Taxonomy of Model Structures for Economic Evaluation of Health Technologies - Health Economics