Phone: +65 6799 5340
Strategy Execution, Emotion and Strategy, Corporate Renewal, Building of New Organisations, Middle Managers and Strategy, Entrepreneurial Strategies, Time Dimensions of Organisational Change
Strategy Execution Stress Tests, Managing Strategic Change and Innovation
Quy Nguyen Huy is a professor of strategic management at INSEAD since 1998. He was originally trained as an electrical engineer then Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA). He worked for 16 years in various expert and managerial roles related to engineering design, sales and marketing, and corporate finance in several large North American telecommunications companies before starting his academic career. Professor Huy is co-directing the Strategy Execution Programme.
Huy is internationally known for pioneering research on the social psychological aspects of managing strategic change and strategy execution. His research has won multiple international awards. He has written over 60 research works and is listed in Who’s Who in the World and Who’s Who in Science and Engineering. He is also included in Harvard Business Review “Breakthrough Ideas for Today's Business Agenda."
Huy’s research has also been widely reported in the international business press, including Financial News (UK), Financial Times (UK), Forbes (USA), The Sunday Telegraph (UK), Le Figaro (France), La Tribune (France), Business Digest (France), Observer (Denmark), Borsen (Denmark), The Globe and Mail (Canada), The Chicago Tribune (USA), Harvard Business Review (China), The Jakarta Post (Indonesia). He has advised or taught executives in organizations worldwide.
Huy obtained his Ph.D. in strategy from McGill University in 1999 under the supervision of Henry Mintzberg; earned his CFA in 1994 and his Engineering degree in 1978 from McGill University with University Distinction.
- WORKING PAPERS - How Entrepreneurs Regulate Stakeholders' Emotions to Build New Organizations
- JOURNAL ARTICLES - How Entrepreneurs use Symbolic Management to Acquire Resources - Administrative Science Quarterly
- WORKING PAPERS - Emotional Filtering in Strategic Change
- BOOK CHAPTERS - An Emotion-based View of Strategic Renewal - Emerald Publishing Ltd.
- WORKING PAPERS - Symbolic Emphasizing: How Entrepreneurs Use Symbolism to Acquire Resources
- WORKING PAPERS - Socially Responsible Behavior: Developing Virtue in Organizations
- BOOK CHAPTERS - The Four Thrusts Driving Corporate Renewal