Phone: +33 60 72 91 71
Product Usage, Marketing of Video Games, Consumer Search
Marketing Management, Distribution Channels
Paulo Albuquerque is an Associate Professor of Marketing at INSEAD. He holds a PhD in Management from the UCLA Anderson School of Management. Before joining the PhD programme, Paulo worked for 3 years at Warner Lambert Portugal, as the product manager and trade marketing manager, involved in management of brands such as Listerine, Trident, and Halls. He was an Associate Professor of Marketing and the Faculty Director of the MBA programme at the Simon Business School, University of Rochester, where for 8 years he lectured the marketing core course and the elective class on distribution channels. He was in the teaching honour roll multiple times and won the best teaching award twice, in 2012 and 2013.
Paulo’s research interests focus on several marketing areas including firm decisions to introduce new products, how products are adopted and sales spread across different markets, and consumer decisions to search and buy products online. This diverse research has appeared in several top marketing academic journals such as Marketing Science, Journal of Marketing Research, and Management Science. His recent projects used data collected from some of the most known firms and products, such as Amazon.com and Hewlett-Packard. Currently, he studies the role of social media in political races, and how much and for how long consumers use products, using data from the online games industry and the popular game World of Warcraft, as an example.
- Journal Articles - Evaluating Promotional Activities in an Online Two-Sided Market of User-Generated Content - Marketing Science
- Journal Articles - Measuring the Impact of Negative Demand Shocks on Car Dealer Networks - Marketing Science
- Journal Articles - Mapping Online Consumer Demand - Journal of Marketing Research
- Journal Articles - Marketing Strategy in Packaged Goods and Geography - Advances in Strategic Management
- Journal Articles - Estimating Demand Heterogeneity Using Aggregated Data: An Application to the Frozen Pizza Category - Marketing Science
- Journal Articles - Measuring Long Run Marketing Effects and their Implications for Long Run Marketing Decisions - Marketing Letters
- Journal Articles - A Spatio-temporal Analysis of Global Diffusion of ISO 9000 and ISO 14000 Certification - Management Science
- Journal Articles - Online Demand under Limited Consumer Search - Marketing Science