Phone: +65 6799 5344
Information in Financial Markets, Mutual Funds, Corporate Finance, Behavioural Finance
Corporate Finance: International Finance (MBA, EMBA, Executives: AICF, AMP, GMP, CSPs), Applied Corporate Finance (MBA, EMBA, MFIN, Executives: AICF, AMP, GMP, CSPs, MFIN), Mergers and Acquisitions (MBA, MFIN, Executives: AICF, AMP, GMP, CSPs), 2) Governance: Value Creation and Governance (Executives: AMP, IDP, VCOD, CSPs), 3) Behavioral Finance: Behavioral Strategies for Asset Managers and Managers (CSPs, MFIN), 4) Asset Management: Investment Strategies (Executives: AAM, CSPs), Strategic Insutrial Positioning (Executives: Interalpha, SMB, CSPs), 5) PhDs: Information Economics, Behavioral Finance, Applied Corporate Finance
Banking and Insurance
Massimo Massa is the Rothschild Chaired Professor of Banking and Professor of Finance at INSEAD, where he teaches international finance, corporate finance, asset management, behavioural finance and governance in MBA, EMBA, PhD and Executive programs. He has an MBA from the Yale School of Management and an MA and a PhD in Financial Economics from Yale University. He is CPA and Auditor. He has previously worked in the Bank of Italy.
His research interests include asset management, corporate finance, behavioural finance and financial intermediation. He has published articles on M&A, alliances, capital structure, dividend policy, share repurchases, IPOs, mutual funds, hedge funds, short-selling, behavioural biases, banking, asset management, international finance, the role of media and social networks in financial markets, ownership structure, corporate governance, family firms. His articles have been published in top academic journals and his research has been quoted in major magazines, newspapers, professional journals and forums. He is Associate Editor of the Journal of Empirical Finance and the Review of Finance.
Dr Massa has been consultant with several companies on strategic issues related to governance and corporate financial and growth strategies. He co-directs the Hoffman Fund for research in family firms and is the director of the Advanced Asset Management programme, the Interalpha Banking program and the Master in Finance. He co-directs Value Creation for Owners and Directors and has managed several programs for corporations and banks, including ABN AMRO, Maybank, Société Générale, Fineco, Technip, Mubadala, Bertelsmann.
Dr Massa's current research focuses on the link between corporate financial strategies, governance and type of ownership and how this affects value creation and growth in corporations as well as the strategies of asset managers and banks and their synergies.
For further details please visit his personal website
- BOOK CHAPTERS - Stock Market Participation and Pension Reform - Oxford University Press
- WORKING PAPERS - The Effects of Bond Supply Uncertainty on the Leverage of the Firm
- JOURNAL ARTICLES - Mimicking Repurchases - Journal of Financial Economics
- JOURNAL ARTICLES - Local Ownership and Private Information: Evidence of a Monitoring-Liquidity Trade-Off - Journal of Financial Economics
- JOURNAL ARTICLES - Idiosyncratic Volatility and Product Market Competition - Journal of Business
- JOURNAL ARTICLES - Favoritism in Mutual Fund Families? Evidence on Strategic Cross-Fund Subsidization
- JOURNAL ARTICLES - Hedging, Familiarity and Portfolio Choice - Review of Financial Studies
- JOURNAL ARTICLES - Favoritism in Mutual Fund Families? Evidence on Strategic Cross-Fund Subsidization - Journal of Finance