Phone: +65 6799 5434
Macroeconomics, Monetary Economics, Fiscal Policy, Stock Markets Comovements, Trade and Development, Institutions and Public Policy
Macroeconomics (MBA), Macroeconomics (EMBA), Econometrics (PhD), Time Series Analysis (PhD), Growth, business cycles, financial crises (EDP)
Professor Ilian Mihov was appointed Dean of INSEAD on October 1, 2013, having held the position of Interim Dean since March 1, 2013.
From 2011 to 2013 he served as Deputy Dean for Faculty and Research responsible for the recruitment of new faculty, as well as for the development of over 140 professors at INSEAD. He also oversaw the PhD programme at INSEAD (directed by Professor Timothy van Zandt), and the Research and Development committee (chaired by Professor Ziv Carmon).
Professor Mihov joined the INSEAD economics area in 1996. He has taught macroeconomics and econometrics in the MBA, EMBA, PhD and many executive education programs as well as in the Global Leadership Fellows Program of the World Economic Forum. He has been nominated several times as one of the best teachers in the MBA and EMBA programs and he has won the Outstanding Teacher Award in 2006, 2008 and 2009.
His research is on topics related to monetary policy, fiscal policy and economic growth. He is also a research fellow at the Center for Economic Policy Research (London, UK). He was a member of the Scientific Committee of the Banque de France's Research Foundation (2002-2010) and of the Advisory Board of the Bulgarian National Bank. In 2010/11 and 2011/12 he served as a member of the World Economic Forum’s Global Agenda Council on Fiscal Crises
Professor Mihov’s papers have appeared in many academic journals including the American Economic Review and the Quarterly Journal of Economics. He has given interviews for BBC, CNBC Asia, Agence France Press, Dow Jones Newswire and many other newspapers and magazines. Professor Mihov is a regular keynote speaker, lecturer and panellist at events organized by the PwC, WEF, KPMG, Hewlett-Packard, Bloomberg, Swiss Re, Alstom, Deutsche Bank, BNP Paribas and other companies.
He holds a PhD degree from Princeton University and a B.S. in business administration from the Moore School of Business at the University of South Carolina where, in 2006, he was recognized as a Distinguished Young Alumnus.
- JOURNAL ARTICLES - The Effect of WTO on the Extensive and the Intensive Margins of Trade - Journal of International Economics
- JOURNAL ARTICLES - Stock Market Comovements and Industrial Structure - Journal of Money, Credit and Banking
- JOURNAL ARTICLES - Policy Volatility, Institutions and Economic Growth - Review of Economics and Statistics
- JOURNAL ARTICLES - Fiscal Policy as a Stabilization Tool - The B. E. Journal of Macroeconomics
- JOURNAL ARTICLES - Why Fiscal Stimulus is Likely to Work - International Finance
- JOURNAL ARTICLES - Sticky Prices and Monetary Policy: Evidence from Disaggregated U.S. Data - American Economic Review, The
- JOURNAL ARTICLES - Is Old Money Better than New? Duration and Monetary Regimes - Economics
- JOURNAL ARTICLES - Quantitative Goals for Monetary Policy - Journal of Money, Credit and Banking
- JOURNAL ARTICLES - Credibility and Flexibility with Monetary Policy Committees - Journal of Money, Credit and Banking
- JOURNAL ARTICLES - The Macroeconomic Effects of Fiscal Rules in the US States - Journal of Public Economics
- JOURNAL ARTICLES - The Case for Restricting Fiscal Policy Discretion - Quarterly Journal of Economics
- JOURNAL ARTICLES - Government Size and Automatic Stabilizers. International and Intranational Evidence - Journal of International Economics
- JOURNAL ARTICLES - Measuring Monetary Policy - Quarterly Journal of Economics
- JOURNAL ARTICLES - What does the Bundesbank Target? - European Economic Review
- JOURNAL ARTICLES - Monetary Policy Implementation and Transmission in the European Monetary Union - Economic Policy