Phone: +65 6799 5434
Macroeconomics, Monetary Economics, Fiscal Policy, Stock Markets Comovements, Trade and Development, Institutions and Public Policy
Macroeconomics (MBA), Macroeconomics (EMBA), Econometrics (PhD), Time Series Analysis (PhD), Growth, Business Cycles, Financial Crises (Executive Education)
Professor Ilian Mihov is Dean of INSEAD, Professor of Economics and the Rausing Chaired Professor of Economic and Business Transformation. Prior to his appointment as Dean in October 2013, Professor Mihov served as Interim Dean and Deputy Dean of Faculty and Research.
Professor Mihov joined the INSEAD Economics area in 1996. He has taught macroeconomics and econometrics in the MBA, Executive MBA, PhD and numerous Executive Education programmes as well as in the Global Leadership Fellows Programme of the World Economic Forum. He has been nominated several times as one of the best teachers in the MBA and EMBA programmes and has won the Outstanding Teacher Award multiple times.
His research is on topics related to monetary policy, fiscal policy, and economic growth. He serves as a research fellow at the Center for Economic Policy Research (London, UK) and a vice president of the Asian Bureau of Finance and Economics Research (ABFER). He was a member of the Scientific Committee of the Banque de France's Research Foundation (2002-2010) and the Advisory Board of the Bulgarian National Bank. From 2010 to 2012, he served as a member of the World Economic Forum’s Global Agenda Council on Fiscal Crises.
Professor Mihov’s papers have appeared in leading academic journals including the American Economic Review and the The Quarterly Journal of Economics. He has given interviews for BBC, CNBC Asia, Agence France Presse, Dow Jones Newswire and other newspapers and magazines. Professor Mihov is a regular keynote speaker, lecturer, and panellist at events organised by the PwC, WEF, KPMG, Hewlett-Packard, Bloomberg, Swiss Re, Alstom, Deutsche Bank, BNP Paribas and other companies.
He holds a PhD from Princeton University and a BS in Business Administration from the Moore School of Business at the University of South Carolina, where in 2006 he was recognised as a Distinguished Young Alumnus.
- JOURNAL ARTICLES - The Effect of WTO on the Extensive and the Intensive Margins of Trade - Journal of International Economics
- JOURNAL ARTICLES - Stock Market Comovements and Industrial Structure - Journal of Money, Credit and Banking
- JOURNAL ARTICLES - Policy Volatility, Institutions and Economic Growth - Review of Economics and Statistics
- JOURNAL ARTICLES - Fiscal Policy as a Stabilization Tool - The B. E. Journal of Macroeconomics
- JOURNAL ARTICLES - Why Fiscal Stimulus is Likely to Work - International Finance
- JOURNAL ARTICLES - Sticky Prices and Monetary Policy: Evidence from Disaggregated U.S. Data - American Economic Review, The
- JOURNAL ARTICLES - Is Old Money Better than New? Duration and Monetary Regimes - Economics
- JOURNAL ARTICLES - Quantitative Goals for Monetary Policy - Journal of Money, Credit and Banking
- JOURNAL ARTICLES - Credibility and Flexibility with Monetary Policy Committees - Journal of Money, Credit and Banking
- JOURNAL ARTICLES - The Macroeconomic Effects of Fiscal Rules in the US States - Journal of Public Economics
- JOURNAL ARTICLES - The Case for Restricting Fiscal Policy Discretion - Quarterly Journal of Economics
- JOURNAL ARTICLES - Government Size and Automatic Stabilizers. International and Intranational Evidence - Journal of International Economics
- JOURNAL ARTICLES - Measuring Monetary Policy - Quarterly Journal of Economics
- JOURNAL ARTICLES - What does the Bundesbank Target? - European Economic Review
- JOURNAL ARTICLES - Monetary Policy Implementation and Transmission in the European Monetary Union - Economic Policy