Organisations, Innovation, Selecting Ideas and Relationship Management with Partners
New Business Venture, Entrepreneurship, PhD
Henning Piezunka is an Assistant Professor of Entrepreneurship and Family Entreprise at INSEAD. He obtained a PhD at Stanford University, a Master of Science at the London School of Economics, UK, and a Diplom Kaufmann from the University of Mannheim, Germany. Henning is an accomplished researcher in the areas of competition and innovation, and publishes his work in leading academic journals including the Academy of Management Journal.
Before starting his academic career, he co-founded a web design company in 1998 and acted as its founder-CEO until selling it in January 2016. By 2016, Henning’s company employed more than 30 people and served customers in more than 80 countries
Henning’s teaching focus is on the New Business Ventures course which he teaches in the MBAand the Executive MBA programmes. Henning has received outstanding teaching ratings, has been on Dean’s list for excellence in MBA teaching, and has won the INSEAD best teacher award.
- Journal Articles - Distant Search, Narrow Attention: How Crowding Alters Organizations’ Filtering of Suggestions in Crowdsourcing - Academy of Management Journal
- Journal Articles - Open to Suggestions: How Organizations Elicit Suggestions through Proactive and Reactive Attention - Research Policy
- Journal Articles - All the Right Moves: How Entrepreneurial Firms Compete Effectively - Strategic Entrepreneurship Journal
- Book Chapters - Complexity and Corporate Strategy - Sage
- Journal Articles - Technological Platforms; An Assessment of the Primary Types of Technological Platforms, their Strategic Issues and their Linkages to Organizational Theory - Journal fuer Betriebswirtschaft