Organisations, Innovation, Selecting Ideas and Relationship Management with Partners
New Business Venture, Entrepreneurship, PhD
Henning Piezunka is an Assistant Professor of Entrepreneurship at INSEAD. He obtained a Diplom Kaufmann from the University of Mannheim (Germany), a Master of Science from the London School of Economics (UK), and a PhD from Stanford University (US). Henning is an accomplished researcher in the areas of competition and innovation, and publishing his work in top academic journals (e.g., the Academy of Management Journal).
Before entering academia, he co-founded a company in 1998 and was the founder-CEO before selling it in January 2016. By 2016 Henning’s company employed more than 30 people and served customers in more than 80 countries
Henning’s teaching focus is on the class “New Business Ventures”. He teaches the class for MBAs as well as for Executive MBAs. Henning has received outstanding teaching ratings, has been on the INSEAD Dean’s list for excellence in MBA teaching, and has won the INSEAD best teacher award.
- JOURNAL ARTICLES - Distant Search, Narrow Attention: How Crowding Alters Organizations’ Filtering of Suggestions in Crowdsourcing - Academy of Management Journal
- JOURNAL ARTICLES - Open to Suggestions: How Organizations Elicit Suggestions through Proactive and Reactive Attention - Research Policy
- JOURNAL ARTICLES - All the Right Moves: How Entrepreneurial Firms Compete Effectively - Strategic Entrepreneurship Journal
- BOOK CHAPTERS - Complexity and Corporate Strategy - Sage
- JOURNAL ARTICLES - Technological Platforms; An Assessment of the Primary Types of Technological Platforms, their Strategic Issues and their Linkages to Organizational Theory - Journal fuer Betriebswirtschaft