Phone: +33 1 60 72 43 81
Modelling the Diffusion of Innovations and New Product Development, Using Artificial Agents to Understand Competitive Interactions, Global Strategy and International Marketing, CRM and e-Business Implementation Barriers
Innovation, CRM, Marketing Strategy
David Midgley is an Emeritus Professor of Marketing at INSEAD. Before joining INSEAD in 1999, he held visiting positions at the Anderson School, University of California, Los Angeles, and the Australian Graduate School of Management, Sydney, where he was the Foundation Chair. From 2001 to 2005, he served as the Marketing Area Chair at INSEAD.
Professor Midgley is a graduate in Science, Management, and Marketing from the Universities of Salford and Bradford, England. He has been an invited scholar at the Stanford Graduate School of Business and the Wharton School, University of Pennsylvania.
David Midgley’s latest book is The Innovation Manual: Integrated Strategies and Practical Tools for Bringing Value Innovation to the Market, (Wiley, 2009). It provides the essentials of innovation for a practicing manager based on an extensive synthesis of research and best practice.
Professor Midgley has over hundred publications including papers in leading journals such as the Journal of Consumer Research, Journal of Information Technology, Journal of International Business, Journal of Marketing Research, Journal of Marketing, Marketing Science, Management Science, Organization Science, and Research Policy. He has served on the editorial boards of the Journal of Consumer Research and the International Journal of Research in Marketing. His principal areas of research are innovation and strategy.
Professor Midgley was the Research Director for the Australian Federal Government's Industry Task Force on Leadership and Management Skills. He is an author of major reports on management development for the Australian National Training Board and international competitiveness for Austrade. He has extensive consulting experience in Australia, Europe, and North America.
At INSEAD, Professor Midgley directs customised Executive Education programmes for major global companies. He teaches the Market Driving Strategies elective course in the MBA programme.
- Journal Articles - Building and Assurance of Agent-based Models: An Example and Challenge to the Field - Journal of Business Research
- Journal Articles - E-Business Strategy and Firm Performance: A Latent Class Assessment of the Drivers and Impediments to Success - Journal of Information Technology
- Journal Articles - External Knowledge Acquisition, Creativity and Learning in Organisational Problem Solving - International Journal of Technology Management
- Working Papers - Development and Validation of a Multi-agent Simulation of Consumers, Retailers and Manufacturers
- Book Chapters - Co-evolving Better Strategies in Oligopolistic Price Wars - JASSS
- Book Chapters - Strategy Content and Process in the Context of E-Business Performance - Emerald Publishing Ltd.
- Journal Articles - Relating Customer Value to Strategic Competence: a Discrete Choice Measurement Approach - Research in Competence-Based Management
- Journal Articles - Organisational Learning in High-Technology Purchase Situations: The Antecedents and Consequences of the Participation of External IT Consultants - Industrial Marketing Management