Phone: +33 1 6072 4979
Annet Aris is Senior Affiliate Professor of Strategy at INSEAD. She joined INSEAD in 2003, her focus is on Digital transformation and disruption and its impact on society, industries and companies. She was nominated in 2010 and 2011 for the best teacher award by the MBA students.
Annet has also extensive experience as a non-executive board member of a variety publicly listed companies across Europe. Currently she serves at the boards of the tour operator and airline Thomas Cook PLC, Randstad NV, a global leader in HR services, the microchip machine manufacturer ASML NV, the intralogistics and forklift truck manufacturer Jungheinrich AG and the insurance company A.S.R. Netherlands N.V. Annet ranks in the top 10 most influential female corporate directors in both The Netherlands and Germany.
Annet is a Dutch native and received a MSc. from the University of Wageningen in 1984. After acceptance in McKinsey’s European INSEAD Fellow program, she completed her MBA with distinction in Fontainebleau in 1986. She worked for McKinsey from 1985 until 2003, at first in the Netherlands and in the UK and, since 1990, in Germany. She was elected partner in 1994 and co-led McKinsey’s German Media Practice from 1999-2003 working on a wide array of topics.
She is the author of a large number of articles and case studies on digital transformation. Together with Jacques Bughin, she wrote the book Managing Media Companies, Harnessing Creative Value.
- Case Studies - Middle East Broadcasting Centre (MBC): Media Innovation in the Middle East
- Case Studies - Al Jazeera: A Middle Eastern Enfant Terrible Goes Global
- Case Studies - Putting the Price Tag on Facebook: Quantifying the Value of Online Social Networks
- Book Chapters - Managing Media Companies through the Digital Transition - Sage
- Books - Managing Media Companies: Harnessing Creative Value - Wiley