Phone: +33 1 6072 4979
Annet Aris is adjunct professor of strategy at INSEAD since 2003 where she
developed and teaches the MBA-course “Media and Internet, the new rules of the game in the digital world””.
She was nominated in 2010 and 2011 for the best teacher award by the MBA students.
She is also a board member of a number of publicly listed companies such as the tour operator and airline Thomas Cook PLC, the TV broadcaster ProSiebenSat1 SE, the microchip machine manufacturer ASML N.V., the intralogistics and forklift truck manufacturer Jungheinrich AG and the insurance company A.S.R. N.V.
Annet is a Dutch native and received a MSc. from the University of Wageningen
in 1984. After acceptance in McKinsey’s European INSEAD Fellow program, she
completed her MBA with distinction in Fontainebleau in 1986.
She worked for McKinsey from 1985 until 2003, at first in the Netherlands and in the UK and, since
1990, in Germany. She was elected partner in 1994 and co-led McKinsey’s German Media Practice from 1999-2003 working on a wide array of topics.
Annet is a weekly columnist on digital transformation and corporate governance in the Financieel Dagblad and is frequently asked as key note speaker on international media- and telecom conference.
She is the author of a large number of articles and case studies on the media industry.
Together with Jacques Bughin, she wrote the book Managing Media Companies, Harnessing Creative Value (Wiley’s 2009, second edition, also available in Russian and Chinese).
- Case Studies - Middle East Broadcasting Centre (MBC): Media Innovation in the Middle East
- Case Studies - Al Jazeera: A Middle Eastern Enfant Terrible Goes Global
- Case Studies - Putting the Price Tag on Facebook: Quantifying the Value of Online Social Networks
- Book Chapters - Managing Media Companies through the Digital Transition - Sage
- Books - Managing Media Companies: Harnessing Creative Value - Wiley