Phone: +33 1 6072 4853
Organisation theory, Strategic Alliances, Inter-Firm Networks, Inter-personal Networks, Transition Economies
Competitive Strategy, Strategic Alliances, Value Innovation (Blue Ocean Strategy)
Banking and Insurance, Information Technology
Andrew Shipilov is a Professor of Strategy and the John H Loudon Chair of International Management at INSEAD. In 2014, Professor Shipilov received a prestigious Emerging Scholar Award from the Strategic Management Society. He is an expert in the areas of strategy, innovation, and networks. His current academic research examines how social networks, strategic alliances, and partnerships affect firm's competitive advantage.
His newest book is Network Advantage: How to Unlock Value from Your Alliances and Partnerships. He has a blog on Networks and Innovation.
At INSEAD, Professor Shipilov teaches and directs Executive Education programmes on competitive strategy, collaborative strategy, and Blue Ocean Strategy. From 2010, he is an Academic Director of the INSEAD Blue Ocean Strategy open programme.
His clients include Abbott Labs, IBM, Microsoft Corp., Bayer, BNP Paribas, Royal Dutch Shell and other well-known companies.
Professor Shipilov's work has been published in the leading management journals including the Academy of Management Journal, Administrative Science Quarterly, Organization Science, Social Networks, Strategic Organization, Industrial and Corporate Change, Managerial and Decision Economics. He also published in Harvard Business Review, MIT Sloan Management Review, and Talent Management Magazine.
He is an editorial board member of the Strategic Management Journal and the Strategic Organization, two premier journals in strategy.
His research received prizes from the Academy of Management, the leading international association of management researchers.'
- Case Studies - How Does Digital Transformation Happen? The Mastercard Case
- Journal Articles - Unequal Bedfellows: Gender Role-based Deference in Multiplex Ties Between Korean Business Groups - Academy of Management Journal
- Journal Articles - Which Boundaries? How Mobility Networks Across Countries and Status Groups Affect the Creative Performance of Organizations - Strategic Management Journal
- Journal Articles - Brokerage as a Public Good: The Externalities of Network Hubs for Different Formal Roles in Creative Organizations - Administrative Science Quarterly
- Journal Articles - Board Reform versus Profits: The Impact of Ratings on the Adoption of Governance Practices - Strategic Management Journal
- Case Studies - Chalhoub Group: A Luxury Success Story in the Middle East
- Journal Articles - Fashion with a Foreign Flair: Professional Experiences Abroad Facilitate the Creative Innovations of Organizations - Academy of Management Journal
- Journal Articles - Applications Virtual Special Issue: Practical Advice on How to Unlock Value from your Alliances - Strategic Management Journal
- Book Chapters - Organizational Networks - Oxford University Press
- Journal Articles - Luxury’s Talent Factories - Harvard Business Review
- Journal Articles - Relational Pluralism Within and Between Organizations - Academy of Management Journal
- Journal Articles - Network-building Behavioral Tendencies, Range, and Promotion Speed - Social Networks
- Journal Articles - Making the Most of the Revolving Door: The Impact of Outward Personnel Mobility Networks on Organizational Creativity - Organization Science
- Case Studies - LVMH Moët Hennessy - Louis Vuitton: The Rise of Talentism
- Case Studies - LVMH Moët Hennessy - Louis Vuitton: A Personal Career Destination
- Book Chapters - Towards a Strategic Multiplexity Perspective on Inter-firm Networks - Emerald Publishing Ltd.
- Books - Network Advantage: How to Unlock Value From Your Alliances and Partnerships - Wiley
- Journal Articles - How Partners Shape Strategy - Harvard Business Review
- Journal Articles - The Key to Social Media Success Within Organizations - MIT Sloan Management Review
- Journal Articles - Strategic Multiplexity - Strategic Organization
- Book Chapters - Is there an Anglo-Saxon Model? Historical and Social Network Accounts of the Differences in Ownership and Control in the UK, Canada and the U.S. - MIT Press
- Journal Articles - Knowledge Acquisition Strategies of Small and Medium-sized Enterprises During Institutional Transition: Evidence from Hungary and Ukraine - Thunderbird International Business Review
- Case Studies - Tupperware Nordic (A): Challenges to Direct Selling in the Web 2.0 Era
- Case Studies - Tupperware Nordic (B): Challenges to Direct Selling in the Web 2.0 Era
- Journal Articles - The Missing Link: The Effect of Customers on the Formation of Relationships Among Producers in the Multiplex Triads - Organization Science
- Books - Organizational Networks: Four-volume Set - Sage
- Journal Articles - The Prince and the Pauper: Search and Brokerage in the Initiation of Status-Heterophilous Ties - Organization Science