- LoginAccess your ApplicationInvalid APOL credentials
Forgotten your credentials? click hereOr learn more about our programmes and applyAccess MyINSEAD
Assistant Professor of Economics and Political Science
Alexandra Roulet is an Assistant Professor of Economics at INSEAD and a CEPR Research Affiliate. She graduated from the Ecole Normale Supérieure in Paris, and earned her PhD in Economics at Harvard University in 2017.
Alexandra’s research focuses on labour economics and has been published in leading academic journals such as the American Economic Review, the Quarterly Journal of Economics or the Journal of Public Economics. She is the co-winner of the 2017 Upjohn Institute Dissertation Award.
- Marco Palladino, Alexandra Roulet and Mark Stabile “Understanding the role of firms in the gender wage gap over time and across worker types”
- Alexandra Roulet “The Causal Effect of Job Loss on Health: the Danish Miracle?” (Draft available upon request)
Related INSEAD Knowledge Piece
- Philippe Aghion, Roland Bénabou, Ralf Martin and Alexandra Roulet “Environmental Values and Technological Choices: Is Market Competition Clean or Dirty?” " American Economic Review: Insights, forthcoming
Non-technical summary (NBER Digest)
- Thomas Le Barbanchon, Roland Rathelot and Alexandra Roulet “Gender Differences in Job Search: Trading off Commute against Wage", Quarterly Journal of Economics, February 2021, 136(1), p 381–426
Related INSEAD Knowledge piece
- Petri Böckerman, Mika Haapanen, Christopher Jepsen and Alexandra Roulet "School tracking and Mental Health", Journal of Human Capital, Summer 2021, vol 15(2), pp. 291–345
- Bénédicte Apouey, Alexandra Roulet, Isabelle Solal and Mark Stabile “Gig Workers During the Covid-19 Crisis in France: Financial Precarity and Mental Well-Being”, Journal of Urban Health, December 2020, vol 97, p776–795
- Thomas Le Barbanchon, Roland Rathelot and Alexandra Roulet “Unemployment Insurance and Reservation Wages: Evidence from Administrative Data”, Journal of Public Economics, March 2019, Vol. 171, p. 1-17
- Philippe Aghion, Ufuk Akcigit, Angus Deaton and Alexandra Roulet “Creative Destruction and Subjective Wellbeing.” American Economic Review, 2016, 106, 12, Pp. 3869-3897
Books (in French)
Améliorer les appariements sur le marché du travail. Presses de Sciences Po, collection « Sécuriser l'emploi », Paris, octobre 2018
AFSE prize 2019, catégorie "poche"
Repenser l’Etat. Pour une social-démocratie de l’innovation.
La République des idées, Éd. du Seuil, Paris, 2011 (with Philippe Aghion)
For an overview in English of some of the main ideas, see:
Philippe Aghion and Alexandra Roulet. 2014. “Growth and the Smart State.” Annual Review of Economics , 6: 913-926.
Book chapters (in French)
“Évaluation et big data, de nouveaux outils pour l’action publique» and «Une action publique optimisée : vers la fin du politique ?» (with Aude Costa de Beauregard) in L’Etat en mode start-up, Éd. Eyrolles, edited by Yann Algan and Thomas Cazenave, 2016
Email: [email protected]