INSEAD MBA programme ranks first in Asia and Europe and second globally in the inaugural QS Global MBA Rankings 2018
Middle East, Asia, Europe
28 November 2017
INSEAD, the business school for the world, announced today that QS, a leading global career and education network, has ranked the INSEAD MBA programme first in Asia and Europe, and second globally in the first edition of the QS Global MBA Rankings 2018.
INSEAD’s strong standing out of 232 schools across the globe is a result of its exceptional scores across key considered indicators, including: ‘Employability’ where the school scored 95.9 (out of 100) against the global average of 38.2; ‘Return on Investment’ and ‘Entrepreneurship & Alumni Outcomes’ with attained scores of 91.2 and 86.7, against global averages of 53 and 30.4, respectively. In the ‘Thought Leadership’ indicator, INSEAD has achieved a score of 96.2 against global average of 38.4.
The school’s exemplary results in the QS Global MBA Ranking take the distinctive INSEAD Advantage to another level. It highlights the robust reputation of INSEAD and the success of its alumni in the corporate world and reflects the school’s pedagogical excellence and thought-leadership as well as its innovative approach in offering a truly diverse and global learning environment. This speaks volumes of the quality of the INSEAD MBA programme, its personalised and comprehensive career services, as well as the strength of its global alumni network.
QS Global MBA Rankings 2018 (Top 5 schools)
|Rank|| Asia, Australia &|
|3||Melbourne Business School|
London Business School
University of Hong Kong
|5||AGSM at UNSW||IE Business School||London Business School|
The latest ranking adds to the list of honours the school has gathered, including being ranked by the Financial Times (FT) as the number one MBA programme in the world for two consecutive years in 2016 and 2017.
INSEAD MBA programme also achieved the accolade of having “the second highest return on investment” by Forbes in 2017 with a five-year gain of $150,400, nearly double of top two-year programmes.
The QS Global MBA Rankings 2018 is based on the following five indicators and corresponding weightage:
- Employability (40%): Includes employability metric based on employer reputation and a weighting for employment rate for students three months post-graduation based on MBA CSEA standards.
- Return on Investment (20%): Comparison of opportunity cost of undertaking the programme against the annual salary premium a student is set to earn.
- Entrepreneurship and Alumni Outcomes (15%): Identifies 40,000 C-level executives from the biggest companies in the world and the programmes they have been associated with. Entrepreneurship is also included as a key component of this indicator.
- Thought Leadership (15%): Combined score of academic reputation, percentage of faculty with PhD, and research impact measured by citations per paper ratio.
- Diversity (10%): Percentage of female students and faculty members as well as the percentage of international faculty and international mix of students.
About INSEAD, The Business School for the World
As one of the world’s leading and largest graduate business schools, INSEAD brings together people, cultures and ideas to develop responsible leaders who transform business and society. Our research, teaching and partnerships reflect this global perspective and cultural diversity.
With locations in Europe (France), Asia (Singapore), the Middle East (Abu Dhabi), and now North America (San Francisco), INSEAD's business education and research spans four regions. Our 166 renowned Faculty members from 41 countries inspire more than 1,500 degree participants annually in our Master in Management, MBA, Global Executive MBA, Specialised Master’s degrees (Executive Master in Finance and Executive Master in Change) and PhD programmes. In addition, more than 11,000 executives participate in INSEAD Executive Education programmes each year.
INSEAD continues to conduct cutting-edge research and innovate across all our programmes. We provide business leaders with the knowledge and awareness to operate anywhere. Our core values drive academic excellence and serve the global community as The Business School for the World.