Scholarship Application Guide
Financial Aid Calendar
|5 April 2022||20 April 2022||24 May 2022|
|24 May 2022||8 June 2022||19 July 2022|
|19 July 2022||3 August 2022||5 September 2022|
|7 October 2022||24 October 2022||30 November 2022|
|16 December 2022||2 January 2023||17 February 2023|
|10 February 2023||27 February 2023||31 March 2023|
|7 April 2023||24 April 2023||31 May 2023|
|19 May 2023||5 June 2023||21 July 2023|
|28 July 2023||7 August 2023||15 September 2023|
Applications must be complete and submitted by 23:59 CET on the day of deadline. We regret we cannot accept any scholarship applications after the deadlines. All scholarship applications will be reviewed right after the deadline.
All scholarships have specific eligibility criteria based on a combination of merit and financial need. Candidates will be judged on the quality of their scholarship essays and the degree to which they meet the eligibility criteria. As a part of the merit criteria, the Committee will consider the academic and professional achievements and merit distinctions received. Please note that admissions essays are not part of the scholarship review process.
Company sponsorships are considered as external financial aid. We discourage candidates who are sponsored from applying for INSEAD scholarships. Our scholarship offering is designed primarily for those with fewer resources.
For some merit-based scholarships we will consider all candidates from Rounds 1 and 2 and we will need to liaise with the donors, thus the very final decision on them will be communicated by end February for July Class and by end July for the December Class.
Below is the list of scholarships concerned:
- INSEAD Groupe Galeries Lafayette Endowed Scholarship for Women
- INSEAD Judith Connelly Delouvrier Endowed Scholarship
- INSEAD Aleph Scholarship
- INSEAD Belgian Alumni and Council Scholarship
- INSEAD Diversity and Inclusion
- INSEAD Hinrich Foundation Scholarhip (July Class only)
- INSEAD Indeed Endowed Scholarship
- INSEAD Leopoldo del Pino Scholarship
- INSEAD L'Oreal Scholarship
- INSEAD Sasakawa Young Leaders Fellowship Fund (Sylff)
- INSEAD Syngenta Endowed Scholarship(s) for Emerging Country Leadership
The INSEAD Africa Scholarship Group - The INSEAD Africa Scholarship Group channels applications for Africa Leadership Fund Scholarship, Greendale Foundation Scholarship, Renaud Lagesse '93D Scholarship for Southern and East Africa, Sam Akiwumi Endowed Scholarship - '07D, MBA '75 Nelson Mandela Endowed Scholarship, David Suddens MBA '78 Scholarship for Africa, Machaba Machaba MBA '09D Scholarship, MBA '69 Scholarship for Sub-Saharan Africa, Jeremy Golding MBA ‘89J Endowed MBA Scholarship Fund. Successful candidates may only receive one of these awards.
INSEAD Middle East Scholarship Group - The INSEAD Middle East Scholarship Group channels applications for the candidates who would like to be considered for the INSEAD Alexis & Anne-Marie Habib Foundation, RSG Foundation, Jacques Nasser Endowed. Successful candidates may only receive one of these awards.
- The INSEAD Social Entrepreneurship Scholarship Group - The INSEAD Social Enterprise Scholarship Group channels applications for the INSEAD Padma and Rashmi Shah Social Enterprise Scholarship and Andy Burgess Endowed Scholarship for Social Entrepreneurship. Successful candidates may only receive one of these awards. (December class only).
- INSEAD Louis Franck scholarship for the UK candidates is managed by the external Foundation. We will share the applications from the first 3 Admissions rounds with the Foundation. Thereafter, they will contact the candidates to conduct the interviews in central London. Decisions for this scholarship will follow a different time frame.
The group of need-based scholarships first focuses on emerging and developing markets. They are part of the Diversity Scholarship Group. Financial need is the main criterion for these awards. Please note that a number of supporting documents will be required as part of the application.
List of supporting documents:
◦Proof of salary (latest salary slip or a letter from your employer);
◦Bank statements for the last three months that will reflect your checking and savings accounts. On-line overview is accepted.
◦If you have extenuating/exceptional circumstances in the past year (supporting dependents’ education, medical care, bankruptcy, etc.), provide relevant documentation.
You will be able to upload the documents as part of the scholarship on-line application.
- Scholarship applications should be submitted at the interview stage of the admission process.
- We encourage you to limit your applications to a maximum of 5 scholarships.
- Scholarship awards are deducted from the last instalment of your tuition fees.
Candidates in the first three rounds will apply for financial aid at interview stage. Round 4 candidates will not have access to scholarship applications. However, funds will be reserved to offer a number of merit scholarship awards upon admission. Awards will be based on the quality of the MBA application. They do not require an application and everybody will be considered. If you do not receive an e-mail within one week from admission, this would unfortunately mean that you have not been selected.
Waitlisted candidates are encouraged to apply for scholarships within the deadlines indicated above. Your scholarship applications will be reviewed while you are still on the waitlist. Financial aid decisions for the wait-listed candidates will be communicated upon admission.
If you are awarded an INSEAD scholarship and also receive a full tuition external or national award, we will automatically withdraw your INSEAD award which will be reallocated to another deserving candidate in yours or a future intake. Partial tuition awards from external sources will be reviewed on a case-by-case basis.
The following scholarships will be available for Round 3:
- INSEAD Diversity scholarships: many of the merit and need-based scholarships in this group are on offer for Round 3 applicants.
- INSEAD Alumni of Switzerland Endowed Scholarship for Swiss Candidates (Swiss nationals)
- INSEAD Belgian Alumni and Council Scholarship (Belgians with strong commitment to their country)
- INSEAD Esa Hietala Endowed Scholarship (Finnish nationals)
- INSEAD Elof Hansson Endowed Scholarship (Swedish nationals)
INSEAD Louis Franck Scholarship: candidates from the UK (British nationals)
The INSEAD Louis and Evelyn Franck Endowed Award for Excellence scholarship does not require an application and all admitted candidates in each round will be considered based on the merit of the admission application. Successful candidates will receive the notification on this award approximately one week after admission. If you do not receive an e-mail within that time frame please consider that you have not been selected.
To access the scholarship application form on-line, you will first need to register (important : your name should be indicated exactly as on your admission application).
Upon registering, you will receive your personal login ID and password to navigate through the scholarship website. You will first need to answer all the profile questions (personal contact details, educational and professional information). This will serve as a background for all applications. Thereafter, you will have the option to apply for different scholarships.
Throughout the period that the on-line application is available, you can modify or withdraw your scholarship applications as you please. You can track the status of your on-line application with the help of your scholarship login ID and password. Please note that the scholarship portal is not part of the platform for the admitted candidates and therefore you will need to register for it separately.
Discover the MBA Programme
Download our brochure for more information on our MBA.