Scholarship Application Guide
Financial Aid Calendar
|16 October 2020||02 November 2020||04 December 2020|
|11 December 2020||28 December 2020||05 February 2021|
|12 February 2021||01 March 2021||25 March 2021|
|09 April 2021||26 April 2021||28 May 2021|
|28 May 2021||14 June 2021||21July 2021|
|23 July 2021||10 August 2021||10 September 2021|
|12 October 2021||27 October 2021||30 November 2021|
|7 December 2021||22 December 2021||7 February 2022|
|8 February 2022||23 February 2022||24 March 2022|
|5 April 2022||20 April 2022||24 May 2022|
|24 May 2022||8 June 2022||19 July 2022|
|19 July 2022||3 August 2022||5 September 2022|
Applications must be complete and submitted by 23:59 CET on the day of deadline. We regret we cannot accept any scholarship applications after the deadlines. All scholarship applications will be reviewed right after the deadline.
For some merit-based scholarships we will consider all candidates from Rounds 1 and 2 and we will need to liaise with the donors, thus the very final decision on them will be communicated by end February for July Class and by end July for the December Class.
Below is the list of scholarships concerned:
- INSEAD Groupe Galeries Lafayette Endowed Scholarship for Women
- INSEAD Judith Connelly Delouvrier Endowed Scholarship
- INSEAD Syngenta Endowed Scholarship(s) for Emerging Country Leadership
- INSEAD L’Oreal scholarship
- INSEAD Hinrich Foundation scholarship (July Class only)
- INSEAD Belgian Alumni and Council Scholarship
- INSEAD Leopoldo del Pino Scholarship
- INSEAD Louis Franck scholarship for the UK candidates is managed by the external Foundation. We will share the applications from the first 3 Admissions rounds with the Foundation. Thereafter, they will contact the candidates to conduct the interviews in central London. Decisions for this scholarship will follow a different time frame.
- INSEAD Middle East Scholarship Group - The INSEAD Middle East Scholarship Group channels applications for the candidates who would like to be considered for the INSEAD Alexis & Anne-Marie Habib Foundation, RSG Foundation, Jacques Nasser Endowed or El Wakil-Lahham Scholarships. Successful candidates may only receive one of these awards.
- The INSEAD Africa Scholarship Group - The INSEAD Africa Scholarship Group channels applications for INSEAD MBA '75 Nelson Mandela Endowed Scholarship, Pot Family Foundation Scholarship, Greendale Foundation Scholarship, Africa Leadership Fund Scholarships. Successful candidates may only receive one of these awards.
- The INSEAD Social Entrepreneurship Scholarship Group - The INSEAD Social Enterprise Scholarship Group channels applications for the INSEAD Padma and Rashmi Shah Social Enterprise Scholarship and Andy Burgess Endowed Scholarship for Social Entrepreneurship. Successful candidates may only receive one of these awards. (December class only)
The following scholarships will be available for Round 3:
- INSEAD Diversity scholarships: many of the merit and need-based scholarships in this group are on offer for Round 3 applicants.
- INSEAD Louis Franck Scholarship: candidates from the UK
- INSEAD Belgian Alumni and Council Scholarship
- INSEAD Africa Leadership Fund Scholarship
- INSEAD Saïd Foundation Scholarship Fund for Syrian and Palestinian MBA Students
- Scholarship applications should be submitted at the interview stage of the admission process.
- We encourage you to limit your applications to a maximum of 5 scholarships.
- Scholarship awards are deducted from the last instalment of your tuition fees.
Candidates in the first three rounds will apply for financial aid at interview stage. Round 4 candidates will not have access to scholarship applications. However, funds will be reserved to offer a number of merit scholarship awards upon admission. Awards will be based on the quality of the MBA application. They do not require an application and everybody will be considered. If you do not receive an e-mail within one week from admission, this would unfortunately mean that you have not been selected.
Waitlisted candidates are encouraged to apply for scholarships within the deadlines indicated above. Your scholarship applications will be reviewed while you are still on the waitlist. Financial aid decisions for the wait-listed candidates will be communicated upon admission.
If you are awarded an INSEAD scholarship and also receive a full tuition external or national award, we will automatically withdraw your INSEAD award which will be reallocated to another deserving candidate in yours or a future intake. Partial tuition awards from external sources will be reviewed on a case-by-case basis.
To access the scholarship application form on-line, you will first need to register (important : your name should be indicated exactly as on your admission application).
Upon registering, you will receive your personal login ID and password to navigate through the scholarship website. You will first need to answer all the profile questions (personal contact details, educational and professional information). This will serve as a background for all applications. Thereafter, you will have the option to apply for different scholarships.
Throughout the period that the on-line application is available, you can modify or withdraw your scholarship applications as you please. You can track the status of your on-line application with the help of your scholarship login ID and password. Please note that the scholarship portal is not part of the platform for the admitted candidates and therefore you will need to register for it separately.
All scholarships have specific eligibility criteria based on a combination of merit and financial need. Candidates will be judged on the quality of their scholarship essays and the degree to which they meet the eligibility criteria. As a part of the merit criteria, the Committee will consider the academic and professional achievements and merit distinctions received. Please note that admissions essays are not part of the scholarship review process.
Company sponsorships are considered as external financial aid. We discourage candidates who are sponsored from applying for INSEAD scholarships. Our scholarship offering is designed primarily for those with fewer resources.
The group of need-based scholarships first focuses on emerging and developing markets. Financial need is the main criterion for these awards. Please note that a number of supporting documents will be required as part of the application.
List of supporting documents:
◦Proof of salary (latest salary slip or a letter from your employer);
◦Bank statements for the last three months that will reflect your checking and savings accounts. On-line overview is accepted.
◦If you have extenuating/exceptional circumstances in the past year (supporting dependents’ education, medical care, bankruptcy, etc.), provide relevant documentation.
You will be able to upload the documents as part of the scholarship on-line application.
The INSEAD Louis and Evelyn Franck Endowed Award for Excellence scholarship does not require an application and all admitted candidates in each round will be considered based on the merit of the admission application. Successful candidates will receive the notification on this award approximately one week after admission. If you do not receive an e-mail within that time frame please consider that you have not been selected.
Discover the MBA Programme
Download our brochure for more information on our MBA.