Phone: + 33 1 60 72 48 44
Inequality and Poverty, Child Health and Wellbeing, Health Care Financing, Tax Policy
Business and Public Policy, Health Care Markets and Policy
Mark Stabile is the Stone Chaired Professor in Wealth Inequality and a Professor of Economics at INSEAD. He directs the James M. and Cathleen D. Stone Centre for the Study of Wealth Inequality.
From 2007 to 2015, Professor Stabile was the founding Director of the School of Public Policy and Governance at the University of Toronto and Professor of Economics and Public Policy at the Rotman School of Management, University of Toronto. He is a Policy Fellow at the Martin Prosperity Institute. From 2003 to 2005, he was the Senior Policy Advisor to the Ontario Minister of Finance where he worked on tax, health, and education policy. He is the recipient of the Carolyn Tuohy award in Public Policy, the John Polanyi Prize in Economics, the Harry Johnson Prize from the Canadian Economics Association, and an Excellence in Teaching Award from the Rotman School.
Professor Stabile's recent work focuses on inequality, poverty, child health, health care financing, and tax policy. He has advised the Governments of the United States, Canada, and Ontario, among others, on health care reform and programmes to reduce child poverty. He serves as an associate editor of the Journal of Health Economics and the Journal of Health Economics, Policy, and Law. Professor Stabile received his PhD from Columbia University and his BA from the University of Toronto.
- JOURNAL ARTICLES - Determining what should be Included in a Publicly funded Health Care System: Reflecting on 'Individual Responsibility for What? A Conceptual Framework for Exploring the Suitability of Private Financing in a Publicly funded Health-care System - Health Economics, Policy and Law
- JOURNAL ARTICLES - Do Stimulant Medications Improve Educational and Behavioral Outcomes for Children with ADHD? - Journal of Health Economics
- JOURNAL ARTICLES - The Changing Role of Government in Financing Health Care: An International Perspective - Journal of Economic Lit.
- JOURNAL ARTICLES - Health Care Cost Containment Strategies Used In Four Other High-Income Countries Hold Lessons For The United States - Health Affairs
- JOURNAL ARTICLES - The Economic Costs of Childhood Disability - The Future of Children
- BOOK CHAPTERS - Determinants of Health in Childhood - Oxford University Press
- JOURNAL ARTICLES - Do Child Tax Benefits Affect the Well-Being of Children? Evidence from Canadian Child Benefit Expansions - American Economic Journal: Economic Policy
- JOURNAL ARTICLES - Broadening the Base of Publicly Funded Health Care - Canadian Medical Association Journal
- JOURNAL ARTICLES - Child Health and Young Adult Outcomes - Journal of Human Resources
- BOOK CHAPTERS - Supplementary Private Health Insurance in National Health Insurance Systems - Elsevier
- JOURNAL ARTICLES - Socioeconomic Status and Child Health: What is the Role of Health Care, Health Conditions, Injuries and Maternal Health? - Health Economics, Policy and Law