Phone: +33 1 60 72 48 58
Theories of European Integration and the Politics of the European Union, Franco-German Relations, German Politics, Public Policy and Foreign Policy, Regional Political Integration in East Asia and Asia Pacific, Comparative Regional Integration, Comparative Politics, Political Economy, and Public Policy
Business in the World 2050 (MBA), Capitalism: Historical, Comparative and Critical Perspectives (MBA), Europe and the European Union (MBA), International Political Analysis (MBA), Global and European Political Trends (Sessions in Executive Programmes)
Douglas Webber is a Professor of Political Science at INSEAD. He has been based at its Europe campus, Fontainebleau (1991-99 and since 2005) and its Asian campus, Singapore (1999-2005). He has a PhD in Government from the University of Essex. Prior to joining INSEAD, he worked at the Max Planck Institute for the Study of Societies (Cologne) and the universities of Essex, Sussex, Strathclyde and Sussex. From 1995 to 1997 he was a Jean Monnet Fellow and in 2016-17 and 2017-18 he is a Robert Schuman Fellow at the Robert Schuman Centre for Advanced Studies at the European University Institute (EUI), Florence. He has been a visiting professor or research fellow at the University of California Berkeley and at Monash University (Melbourne) and the Australian National University (Canberra). He has written and edited several books and published extensively in social science journals in the UK, the US and Germany on European Union (EU) politics, European and Asian regional political integration, Franco-German relations and German politics, foreign policy, and public policy. He is a frequent TV commentator on current political issues. He is currently working on a book on the EU’s crises and whether or how likely it is that the EU will disintegrate.
- Books - Regional Integration in East Asia and Europe. Convergence or Divergence? - Routledge
- Books - New Europe, New Germany, Old Foreign Policy? - Routledge
- Books - The Franco-German Relationship in the European Union - Routledge
- Journal Articles - Declining Power Europe? The Evolution of the European Union’s World Power in the Early 21st Century - European Review of International Studies
- Journal Articles - How likely is it that the European Union will Disintegrate? A Critical Analysis of Competing Theoretical Perspectives - European Journal of International Relations
- Journal Articles - The Regional Integration that didn't happen: Cooperation without Integration in Early 21st Century East Asia - The Pacific Review
- Working Papers - A Consolidated Patrimonial Democracy? Democratization in Post-Suharto Indonesia
- Journal Articles - Banana Splits: Policy Process, Particularistic Interests, Political Capture and Money in Trans-Atlantic Trade Politics - Business and Politics
- Journal Articles - Two Funerals and a Wedding? The Ups and Downs of Regional Integration in East Asia and Asia Pacific after the Asian Crisis - The Pacific Review
- Book Chapters - Can the EU Survive? - Palgrave Macmillan
- Book Chapters - Coping with Environmental Legislation - Springer
- Book Chapters - Regionalism and EU-Asian Relations: Patterns, Trends and Determinants - Palgrave Macmillan
- Book Chapters - The Context of EU-ASEAN relations: Regionalism in Europe and Asia after the end of the Cold War - Palgrave Macmillan
- Book Chapters - Trade and Security: Political (non-?) integration in East Asia - Routledge
- Case Studies - The European Union in Crisis: Resilient or Rotten?
- Case Studies - East Asia United and Peaceful?
- Case Studies - Making and Managing the Euro: France and Germany in the Birth and Life of Europe’s Single Currency
- Case Studies - Dubai Ports World in the USA (A)
- Case Studies - Dubai Ports World in the USA (B)
- Case Studies - Dubai Ports World in the USA (C)