Phone: +65 6799 5384
Macroeconomics, Fiscal Policy, Economic Growth, Business Cycles
Macroeconomics, Growth, Business Cycles, Exchange Rates
Antonio Fatás is a Professor of Economics at INSEAD. He received his PhD in Economics from Harvard University. He is a Research Fellow at the Centre for Economic and Policy Research in London and has worked as an external consultant for international organisations such as the International Monetary Fund, the OECD and the World Bank.
He teaches the macroeconomics core course in the MBA programme, as well as different modules on the global macroeconomic environment in the Executive Education. His research focuses on the study of business cycles, fiscal policy and the economics of European integration. His articles appear in academic journals such as the Quarterly Journal of Economics, Journal of Monetary Economics, Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, Journal of Public Economics, Journal of International Economics, Journal of Economic Growth, European Economic Review and Economic Policy.
- Book Chapters - Fiscal Policy and the Euro - University of Chicago Press
- Journal Articles - Another Challenge to China's Growth - Harvard Business Review
- Journal Articles - Why Fiscal Stimulus is Likely to Work - International Finance
- Journal Articles - The Stabilizing Role of Government Size - Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control
- Journal Articles - Quantitative Goals for Monetary Policy - Journal of Money, Credit and Banking
- Journal Articles - The Macroeconomic Effects of Fiscal Rules in the US States - Journal of Public Economics
- Working Papers - Policy Volatility, Institutions and Economic Growth
- Book Chapters - Fiscal Policy and EMU: Challenges of the Early Years - Edward Elgar
- Journal Articles - The Case for Restricting Fiscal Policy Discretion - Quarterly Journal of Economics
- Journal Articles - On Constraining Fiscal Policy Discretion in the EMU - Oxford Review of Economic Policy