- LoginAccess your ApplicationOr learn more about our programmes and applyAccess MyINSEAD
Call Europe office
Begins 03 Jul 2023
Reserve a Seat
INSEAD Alumni Offer
INSEAD Alumni benefit from an exclusive offer of a 50% reduction on the full programme fee. Alumni may also recommend the programme to one associate, who can also receive a 50% reduction on the full programme fee.
Limited places are available by referral. Please contact the programme adviser for more information.
Build, scale and grow your ideas with confidence and clarity
In today’s disruptive and fast-changing business environment, more of us than ever will experience the challenge and opportunity of embracing entrepreneurship and launching a new business venture.
Whether you join a newly formed business as a key employee, start your own venture, pursue new opportunities within your organisation or choose to invest personally in innovation, embracing entrepreneurship is a unique chance to realise personal goals – and to make an indelible mark on society. But launching, growing, and managing a new business venture is not easy. And while failure is the mantra of many a seasoned entrepreneur, there are many obstacles to starting up successfully; obstacles that can set you back both personally and professionally. Mastering a set of core entrepreneurial skills and competencies, and building the right mindset is critical in determining the prosperity of your venture – and setting you on the path to success.
Entrepreneurship: New Business Ventures is your essential introduction to the skills, concepts and actions you need to build a successful new business venture. From exploring how to generate and develop game-changing ideas, recruiting and managing the right team, to identifying and engaging with investors, you will master every step of the entrepreneurial journey to success. This includes exploring ideas beyond the confines of the classroom and putting theory into practice via real-world customer interaction and pitching to actual investors.
You will learn how to think like an entrepreneur. You will also develop the acuity of vision, the agility and the mindset to:
- Understand where the best ideas come from.
- Appreciate how inferior actors can successfully compete against superior actors.
- Know when growth can be crucial for survival, but might endanger it at the same time.
- Determine how entrepreneurs should think.
- Lean to navigate terms and processes needed to manage frequent entrepreneurial tasks such as leading board meetings and raising venture capital.
Drawing on the latest in thought leadership, leading-edge INSEAD research and real-world examples, Entrepreneurship: New Business Ventures is a transformative learning experience that will equip you with everything you need to build, scale and grow your ideas with confidence and clarity.
How you benefit
- Explore how to generate, identify and test new business ideas
- Learn how to attract and build a great team to drive your venture
- Build and transform your networking and relationship building skills to interact effectively and confidently with investors and partners
- Discover how to organise, scale and grow your ventures
- Gain the knowledge to sell your idea effectively through pitching
The programme is specifically designed for:
- Leaders of high-growth start-ups who are ready to take their venture to the next level
- Executives/Senior managers who want to learn how to be more entrepreneurial and/or build an entrepreneurial business culture
- Executives/Senior managers leading a venture within an organisation – executives charged with driving intrapreneurial business development
- Entrepreneurs who want to start up a new business from scratch
- Investors and consultants working with start-ups and/or entrepreneurial business ventures
The program is also suitable for corporate entrepreneurs, employees or executives in family businesses, those involved in private equity, corporate venture capitalism, or working for business incubators.
This programme qualifies for the INSEAD Certificate in Global Management.
Insights into Entrepreneurial Business Models
Do most entrepreneurs identify promising business opportunities and then build a business model to fit, or do they first find a novel business model and build the business around it? Watch this on-demand webinar with Professor Henning Piezunka to find out.
During the webinar Professor Piezunka shares his thoughts and insights into entrepreneurial business models and how they are developed. This is followed by a short overview of the Entrepreneurship: New Business Ventures Programme.
Related Thought Leadership
Are You on a Collision Course with a Workplace Rival?
Data from Formula 1 crashes explain how high-stakes collisions with rivals happen.
In Crowdsourcing, You Have to Know How to Say “No Thanks”
Rejection can actually strengthen relationships between companies and the crowd.
Define, Broadcast, Attract and Select: A Framework for Crowdsourcing
Crowds are not inherently wise. They become so under the right set of conditions.
Call Europe office