Phone: +33 1 60 72 48 01
Mergers and Acquisitions, Corporate Strategy, Alliances, Business Portfolio Strategy, Corporate Development
M&As and Corporate Strategy Programme Director, Mergers and Acquisitions, Alliances, Corporate Strategy, Resource Acquisition, Knowledge Sourcing
Laurence Capron is a Professor of Strategy at INSEAD where she holds the Paul Desmarais Chair in Partnership and Active Ownership and the The Sauvage Family Endowed Chair for Academic Excellence, and she is Dean of Faculty.
She is a leading expert on M&As, Alliances, and Business Portfolio Growth. She recently published a book Build, Borrow, or Buy: Solving the Growth Dilemma (Harvard Business Review Press), co-authored with Professor W. Mitchell, which examines how companies should select and balance their different modes of growth: organic growth (build), licensing and alliances (borrow), and M&As (buy). Her book is the recipient of the 2013 Best International Book Awards, granted by the USA Book News. So far, it has been translated into French, Portuguese and Chinese languages.
Professor Capron received multiple awards for her teaching and research activities, including INSEAD MBA Best Teacher Award, Academy of Management Best Paper Award, McKinsey/Strategic Management Society Best Paper Award, HEC Paris Best Doctoral Dissertation Award and Syntec Federation Award for Best Research in Management. Her research has been profiled in a wide range of media including Financial Times, The Globe & Mail, Le Monde, Les Echos, The Economist, The Independent, Sunday Times, Business+strategy, Business Insider, Forbes, France 24, CFO Magazine, Irish Times, The National, The Austrailian, Engineering & Technology, Business Traveller, Economia, The Hindu, Business Standard, The Jakarta Post, Chief Executive, Knowledge@Wharton, South China Morning Post…
Professor Capron joined INSEAD in 1997 after serving on faculty and earning her PhD in Corporate Strategy from HEC Paris. She was a visiting professor at MIT Sloan (2011-12), Wharton (2005-06), Kellogg School of Management (2004-05). She directed the INSEAD-Wharton Alliance from 2007 to 2010. She is on the editorial board of Strategic Management Journal and Strategy & Leadership as well as Senior Editor of Strategy Science.
- Journal Articles - Reconfiguration: Adding, Redeploying, Recombining and Divesting Resources and Business Units - Strategic Management Journal
- Journal Articles - State Capacity, Minority Shareholder Protections, and Stock Market Development - Administrative Science Quarterly
- Journal Articles - Productivity Enhancement at Home via Cross-Border Acquisitions: The Roles of Learning and Contemporaneous Domestic Investments - Strategic Management Journal
- Journal Articles - Do Newly Public Acquirers Benefit or Suffer from Their pre-IPO Affiliations? - Strategic Management Journal
- Journal Articles - National Corporate Governance Institutions and Post-acquisition Target Reorganization - Strategic Management Journal
- Journal Articles - Selection Capability: How Capability Gaps and Internal Social Frictions Affect Internal and External Strategic Renewal - Organization Science
- Journal Articles - Competitors' Resource-Oriented Strategies: Acting upon Competitors' Resources through Interventions in Strategic Factor Markets and Political Markets - Academy of Management Review
- Journal Articles - When do Acquirers Earn Abnormal Returns? - Strategic Management Journal
- Journal Articles - Asset Divestiture Following Horizontal Acquisitions: A Dynamic View - Strategic Management Journal
- Journal Articles - The Long-Term Performance of Horizontal Acquisitions - Strategic Management Journal
- Journal Articles - Resource Redeployment Following Horizontal Acquisitions in Europe and North America, 1988-1992 - Strategic Management Journal