DEPARTMENT: Research Department
LOCATION: Europe Campus
CONTRACT: Full Time/Part Time
REFERENCE: EPSAILP (Email subject must include reference)
The Economics and Political Science Department at INSEAD is looking for a part-time or full-time Pre-Doctoral Researcher to work as a Research Associate (Area Researcher) on INSEAD’s Europe campus or work remotely. The main task is to assist the Economics faculty in conducting research. The ideal candidate will have strong data management and data analyses skills, particularly software packages such as STATA, R, Matlab and Python. Skills in STATA are especially valuable.
The position is ideal for a recent university or Masters graduate looking to develop their research skills in economics, management and finance research in view of applying for a PhD programme. It will provide the candidate with great preparation for PhD programme entry by training the applicant in doing research, giving him/her access to some PhD training and developing a relationship with potential letter writers. Our recent pre-doc researchers have been admitted to PhDs at Kellogg School of Management, INSEAD, Sciences Po, LSE, Toulouse School of Economics, Stockholm School of Economics, among others.
The position is for one year, with a possibility of renewal after evaluation at the end of the year.
- Bachelor's or Master’s degree in economics, statistics, mathematics, computer science, or engineering preferred.
- Fluency in written and oral English required.
- Previous research experience is a strong plus.
- Excellent academic record and work ethic required.
- Excellent organizational and oral/written communication skills required.
- Enthusiasm for research required.
- Knowledge of STATA and at least one programming language (Python, Julia, Matlab or R) are necessary. Knowledge and experiences of GIS software package is a strong plus.
- The Research Associate assists INSEAD faculty in their research by helping them develop and estimate quantitative models and by collecting, processing and analyzing data. Potential projects include a range of business and policy-related topics around themes such as:
- Trade and labor markets
- Urban economic dynamics
- Estimation of quantitative models
- Macroeconomic performance
- International trade
- Political economy
- Your cover letter (max. two pages) where you explain your research experience/interest, your competences, and you mention the academic area(s) you like the most, and rank them if there is more than one area (compulsory)
- A detailed CV including an email address (compulsory)
- A copy of your Official academic transcripts and detailed marks (compulsory)
- Writing sample (empirical research preferred)
- Up to two names and contact details of potential references
Please submit your application to [email protected]
Applications and letters of recommendation may be submitted by email to [email protected]. Please mention job reference (EPSAILP). The review will begin immediately. Applications will be considered until the position is filled.
Please make sure that your application is complete and all above mention docs are submitted. We will disregard the applications which are not complete (for instance, motivation letter or transcripts are missing).
We will acknowledge all applications submitted but due to the large volume of applications we receive, we will only contact shortlisted candidates.
PROTECTION OF PERSONAL DATA
The personal data (CV, motivation letter, etc.) you communicate to INSEAD will be registered and stored in our database. They will be treated as confidential information and we will not communicate them to third parties under any condition. We will keep your personal data for a period of 1 year in order to be reviewed in case a new opportunity arises within INSEAD. Your data will be deleted after this period.