Phone: +65 6799 5388
Incentive Design, Sourcing, Service System Design
Business Model Innovation, Technology and Business Disruption/Transformation, Service Management, Supply Chain Management, Project Management, Process and Operations Management, Discrete Stochastic Processes
Sameer Hasija is an Associate Professor of Technology and Operations Management at INSEAD. He earned his PhD in Operations Management and MS in Management Science Methods from the Simon School of Business at the University of Rochester and his BTech from the Indian Institute of Technology Madras.
Sameer’s teaching focusses on using a process lens to understand new levers of innovation. Using a systematic analysis of processes within and across firm boundaries, he emphasises the role of process-based innovation in creating new business models and/or fresh competitive positioning for existing business models. Sameer conducts workshops for executives on understanding the latest developments in technology and their role in radically disrupting and/or transforming businesses.
Sameer’s current research uses an economics lens to understand the design and management of technology, knowledge, and information intensive service systems.
- JOURNAL ARTICLES - Call Center Outsourcing Contracts Under Information Asymmetry - Management Science
- JOURNAL ARTICLES - Work Expands to Fill the Time Available: Capacity Estimation and Staffing under Parkinson's Law - Manufacturing and Service Operations Management
- JOURNAL ARTICLES - A Comparison of Milestone-Based and Buyout Options Contracts for Coordinating R&D Partnerships - Management Science
- JOURNAL ARTICLES - Optimal Contracts for Outsourcing Proactive and Reactive Maintenance - Operations Research
- JOURNAL ARTICLES - Joint Product Improvement by Client and Customer Support Center: The Role of Gain-share Contracts in Coordination - Information Systems Research
- JOURNAL ARTICLES - Cost-reducing Innovation and the Role of Patent Intermediaries in Increasing Market Efficiency - Production and Operations Management
- JOURNAL ARTICLES - Designing Efficient Infrastructural Investment and Asset Transfer Mechanisms in Humanitarian Supply Chains - Production and Operations Management
- JOURNAL ARTICLES - Reserving Capacity for Urgent Cases in Primary Care - Production and Operations Management
- JOURNAL ARTICLES - Staffing and Routing in a Two-tier Call Center - International Journal of Operational Research
- JOURNAL ARTICLES - Newsvendor Pull-to-center Reconsidered - Decision Support Systems
- JOURNAL ARTICLES - Scheduling in Flowshops to Minimize Total Tardiness of Jobs - International Journal of Production Research