Phone: +33 1 60 72 92 51
Value Based Management, Executive Compensation, Corporate Financial Reporting
Financial Accounting, Financial Management and Analysis, Value Based Management
S. David Young is Professor of Accounting & Control at INSEAD, where he has been since 1989. He holds a PhD from the University of Virginia and is both a Certified Public Accountant (USA) and a Chartered Financial Analyst. His primary areas of expertise are corporate financial reporting and value based management, with works published in a wide variety of academic and professional journals, including Harvard Business Review, Journal of Investing and the Journal of Applied Corporate Finance.
Professor Young is the author or co-author of several books, including EVA and Value Based Management: A Practical Guide to Implementation (McGraw-Hill, 2001), Profits You Can Trust: Spotting and Surviving Accounting Landmines (Financial Times Prentice Hall, 2003), and Attracting Investors: A Marketing Approach to Finding Funds for Your Business (John Wiley & Sons, 2004). His most recent book project is titled Blue Line Management: What Managing for Value Really Means which should appear in the first half of 2013.
Professor Young is also the recipient of several Outstanding Teaching Awards from the INSEAD MBA program, and the Distinguished Alumni Scholar Award from his undergraduate alma mater, The George Washington University. He has consulted extensively for companies in Europe, the U.S. and Asia, mainly on issues related to value based management and financial analysis.
- Journal Articles - What Investors Need to Know About Executive Pay - Journal of Investing, The
- Journal Articles - Capital Efficiency Measures: Why they’re Rarely Used in Incentive Plans and How to Change that - Journal of Applied Corporate Finance
- Journal Articles - Need Cash? Look Inside your Company - Harvard Business Review
- Journal Articles - Incentives and Investor Expectations - Journal of Applied Corporate Finance
- Journal Articles - Why Executive Pay is Failing - Harvard Business Review
- Journal Articles - Top Management Incentives and Corporate Performance - Journal of Applied Corporate Finance
- Journal Articles - Tread Lightly Through these Accounting Minefields - Harvard Business Review
- Journal Articles - From Plan to Markets: Financial Statements and Economic Transition in the East German Enterprise - European Accounting Review