Phone: +33 1 60 72 48 60
Executive Power and Roles, Psychology of career transitions, Top ManagementTeams, Political Leadership, Sociology of Managers
Roles of Senior Executives, Leadership, Leading Change, Networking, Stakeholder Management
Jose Luis Álvarez is Senior Affiliate Professor of Organisational Behaviour at INSEAD. He teaches in the MBA Program (where he received three times the Best Teacher Award) and executive education programmes, such as AVIRA, the Advanced Management Programme, the Leadership Transition Programme and numerous incompanies. He serves as academic director of the Leading for Results Programme. Professor Álvarez was a Visiting Professor at the Harvard Business School and at Cambridge University.
Professor Álvarez holds degrees in Law and Philosophy from the University of Barcelona, an MBA from IESE Business School, and a M.A. and a Ph.D. in Organizational Behavior from Harvard University. His research has been published in the MIT-Sloan Management Review, European Management Journal, Organization Studies, Organizations, Corporate Governance, and he has published six books. His book Sharing Executive Power: Roles and Relationships at the Top published by Cambridge University Press was selected as one of the top three books in 2007 by the Academy of Management.
He is frequently sought out by the media and has appeared, among other outlets, in the Financial Times, BBC World News, Al Jazeera, etc. His current work centres on the psychology of managerial careers, on political leadership, on which he published a chapter in the Handbook of Teaching Leadership (Sage), and a book on Spanish Prime Ministers. He is also undertaking research on the changing C-suite and roles at the top to be published in 2017 by Oxford University Press. His corporate educational activities and consulting experience has focused mostly on issues of corporate governance, organisational design and change.
- BOOKS - Los presidentes españoles - LID Editorial Empresarial
- BOOK CHAPTERS - Educating Contemporary Princes and Princesses for Power - Sage
- JOURNAL ARTICLES - At the Crossroads of Agency and Communion: Defining the Shared Career - Journal of Organizational Behavior
- BOOKS - Sharing Executive Power: Roles and Relationships at the Top - Cambridge University Press
- JOURNAL ARTICLES - Leading in Pairs - MIT Sloan Management Review
- BOOK CHAPTERS - Network Perspective - Palgrave Macmillan
- BOOK CHAPTERS - The Increasing Role Professional Service Firms in the Reform of Shareholders' Meetings - Information Age Publishing