Phone: +33 1 60 72 48 60
Executive Power and Roles, Top Management Teams, Political Leadership, Sociology of Managers, Career transitions
Corporate Governance, Roles of Senior Executives, Leadership, Leading Change, Networking, Stakeholder Management, Executive Powers and Roles in Corporate Governance
Jose Luis Álvarez is Senior Affiliate Professor of Organisational Behaviour at INSEAD. He teaches in the MBA Program (where he received three times the Best Teacher Award) and mostly in executive education programmes, where he has also received several teaching and directing recognitions. He serves as academic director of the Leadership Transition Programme and the Leading for Results Programme. Professor Álvarez was a Visiting Professor at the Harvard Business School and at Cambridge University.
Professor Álvarez holds degrees in Law and Philosophy from the University of Barcelona, an MBA from IESE Business School, and a M.A. and a Ph.D. in Organizational Behavior from Harvard University. His research has been published in the MIT-Sloan Management Review, European Management Journal, Organization Studies, Organizations, Corporate Governance, and he has published six books, on corporate governance, senior executive careers and the political facets of the managerial work. His book Sharing Executive Power: Roles and Relationships at the Top published by Cambridge University Press was selected as one of the top three books in 2007 by the Academy of Management.
His current work, to be published in 2019 by Oxford University Press, centers on the executive functions and roles in corporate governance. His consulting experience has focused mostly on issues of corporate governance, organisational design and change.
- Books - Los presidentes españoles - LID Editorial Empresarial
- Book Chapters - Educating Contemporary Princes and Princesses for Power - Sage
- Journal Articles - At the Crossroads of Agency and Communion: Defining the Shared Career - Journal of Organizational Behavior
- Books - Sharing Executive Power: Roles and Relationships at the Top - Cambridge University Press
- Journal Articles - Leading in Pairs - MIT Sloan Management Review
- Book Chapters - Network Perspective - Palgrave Macmillan
- Book Chapters - The Increasing Role Professional Service Firms in the Reform of Shareholders' Meetings - Information Age Publishing