Phone: +65 6799 5341
Strategy and Impact, Inclusive Business Models, Impact Assessment, Innovation, Knowledge Management & Diffusion, Economic Geography
Business Strategy, Global Strategy, Emerging Market Strategy, Corporate Social Engagement, Social Entrepreneurship
Jasjit Singh has been an INSEAD professor since 2004. His interests include Strategy, Inclusive Business, Social Innovation, Sustainability, Social Entrepreneurship and Impact Evaluation. He is particularly passionate about how business tools can be used as a force for good. He regularly advises companies, social enterprises, non-profits and impact investors on how to systematically think about their societal impact.
Jasjit obtained his Ph.D. in Business Economics (Strategy) and M.A. in Economics at Harvard. He also holds M.S. in Management & Computer Science from Georgia Tech, and B.Tech. in Computer Science & Engineering from IIT Delhi. He is the author of numerous journal articles and case studies, many of which have won prestigious awards. He has also been involved in editorial and reviewing roles for leading academic journals like Strategic Management Journal, Management Science and Organization Science.
Jasjit regularly teaches in INSEAD’s MBA, EMBA and executive programmes. He has recently co-directed INSEAD Social Entrepreneurship Programme, (ISEP) and INSEAD’s programme on Leading the Business of Sustainability (LTBS). He also conducts customized workshops for companies, government agencies and development organizations. Prior to joining academia, Jasjit worked as a management consultant with Accenture and as an intern at Intel, AT&T and Cadence. He is an Indian citizen, and lives in Singapore.
- CASE STUDIES - LOLC Micro Credit
- JOURNAL ARTICLES - Geographic Constraints on Knowledge Spillovers: Political Borders vs. Spatial Proximity - Management Science
- CASE STUDIES - Schneider Electric in Rural India: Integrating Social Responsibility with BOP Strategy
- JOURNAL ARTICLES - Not With my Own: Long-term Effects of Cross-country Collaboration on Subsidiary Innovation in Emerging Economies versus Advanced Economies - Journal of Economic Geography
- CASE STUDIES - Schneider Electric in India: Power Backup Products
- CASE STUDIES - Singapore’s Economic Development Strategy and the Biomedical Sciences Cluster
- CASE STUDIES - GE Healthcare (A): Innovating for Emerging Markets
- JOURNAL ARTICLES - Recruiting for Ideas: How Firms Exploit the Prior Inventions of New Hires - Management Science
- JOURNAL ARTICLES - The World is Not Small for Everyone: Inequity in Searching for Information in Organizations - Management Science
- JOURNAL ARTICLES - Lone Inventors as sources of Breakthroughs: Myth or Reality? - Management Science
- JOURNAL ARTICLES - Distributed R&D, Cross-Regional Knowledge Integration and Quality of Innovative Output - Research Policy
- JOURNAL ARTICLES - Asymmetry of Knowledge Spillovers between MNCs and Host Country Firms - Journal of International Business Studies
- JOURNAL ARTICLES - Science, Social Networks and Spillovers - Industry and Innovation
- JOURNAL ARTICLES - Collaborative Networks as Determinants of Knowledge Diffusion Patterns - Management Science
- JOURNAL ARTICLES - Agency Costs in a Supply Chain with Demand Uncertainty and Price Competition - Management Science
- JOURNAL ARTICLES - The Effect of Repeated Interaction on Contract Choice: Evidence from Offshore Drilling - Journal of Law, Economics and Organizations
- JOURNAL ARTICLES - Technological Dynamism in Asia - Research Policy