Phone: +65 6799 5269
Knowledge Stickiness, Transfer of Best Practices, Replication as Strategy, The Making of Strategy
The Making of Strategy, General Management
Gabriel Szulanski is Professor of Strategy at INSEAD, where he also earned his PhD in Strategy. He joined the faculty of INSEAD after serving several years on the faculty of the Wharton School of the University of Pennsylvania. Gabriel's research focuses on knowledge transfer and the making of strategy.
His research was honoured with the best dissertation award (BPS division), best conference paper from the Academy of Management TIMS division (honorable mention), twice with the best conference paper from the Strategic Management Society (honorable mention). His paper in the Harvard Business Review on replication of business practices was included in the 2002 list of breakthrough ideas for management.
His paper on Stickiness was awarded the prestigious Best Paper award from the Strategic Management Journal. His research has been published in a variety of business newspapers including Financial Times, academic journals including Strategic Management Journal, OBHDP, Organization Science, Management Science, Journal of International Business Studies, Research Policy, and business journals including Harvard Business Review and Long Range Planning.
Gabriel directs the KPMG EMA Chairman’s 25 flagship leadership development program.
He helps companies transfer best practice and make strategy.
- CASE STUDIES - Taj Hotels, Resorts & Palaces: To Pierre or Not to Pierre? (A)
- CASE STUDIES - Taj Hotels, Resorts & Palaces: To Pierre or not to Pierre? (B)
- CASE STUDIES - WHAT 1340 Radio: At a Crossroads
- CASE STUDIES - HSBC France: Re-Branding CCF (A)
- CASE STUDIES - Google's Plans to Enter the WiFi Market
- JOURNAL ARTICLES - Presumptive Adaptation and the Effectiveness of Knowledge Transfer - Strategic Management Journal
- BOOKS - Strategy Process (Advances in Strategic Management, vol. 22) - Emerald Publishing Ltd.
- BOOK CHAPTERS - Incumbents' Framing: How Three Established Firms Responded to the Emergence of the Internet - JAI Press
- BOOKS - Sticky Knowledge : Barriers to Knowing in the Firm - Sage
- JOURNAL ARTICLES - Getting it Right the Second Time - Harvard Business Review
- JOURNAL ARTICLES - Replication as Strategy - Organization Science
- JOURNAL ARTICLES - The Process of Knowledge Transfer: A Diachronic Analysis of Stickiness - Organizational Behavior & Human Decision Processes
- JOURNAL ARTICLES - Exploring Internal Stickiness: Impediments to the Transfer of Best Practice Within the Firm - Strategic Management Journal
- CASE STUDIES - Singtel: Becoming the Best Regional Communications Player