Phone: +65 6799 5453
Consulting and Coaching for Change, Board Leadership and Board Dynamics, Clinical Approaches to Organizations, 'Society Terror and Self'
Director Executive Masters in Consulting and Coaching for Change, Board Leadership and Board Dynamics
Erik van de Loo is Affiliate Professor of Organisational Behaviour at INSEAD, where he is Program Co-Director of “Consulting and Coaching for Change” at the INSEAD Global Leadership Centre. As of March 2008 he also holds the professorship "Leadership and Behavior" at the Free University Amsterdam, The Netherlands. He is partner and co-founder of Phyleon, Center for Leadership and Change in The Hague, The Netherlands. Phyleon is specialised in interrelated change processes on individual, group and organisational levels.
Erik van de Loo is a graduate in clinical psychology (cum laude) from the Catholic University Nijmegen, obtained a doctoral degree in social sciences at Leiden University (1987) and holds a masters degree in Work and Organisation in Occupational Health at SIOO (1997). As a licensed clinical psychologist, psychotherapist and psychoanalyst he is a member of The International Psychoanalytical Association and of the Dutch Society of Psychoanalysis. He is a member of the International Society for Psychoanalytic Study of Organisations and co-founder.
Erik van de Loo has worked as a clinical psychologist in the Royal Dutch Army (1981-1984) and has been a faculty member at Leiden University (1984 - 1991).
He was involved in management development and consulting work with national and multinational corporations. He is specialised in the design and implementation of major change and transition processes in organisational culture and leadership. Helping leaders to better understand themselves in their roles and interactions with individual employees, teams and organisations. He is also a coach of individual top-managers and leaders.
He published several books, chapters and scientific articles on topics such as the clinical approach to consultation, irrational aspects of safety in industry, the organisation in the mind, organisational stress and leadership. He was a columnist on personal leadership for Intermediair, a Dutch weekly journal. Since 2007 he is a columnist on leadership for FD, a Dutch financial journal.
- Book Chapters - Fortbildung, wissenschaftlicher Austausch und Netzwerke in psychodynamischer Organisationsberatung
- Working Papers - It's About Time you Asked! Participants' Assessment of Learning Experiences in an Executive Education Developmental Journey
- Journal Articles - Psychodynamic Group Ex ecutive Coaching: A Literature Review - International Journal of Evidence Based Coaching and Mentoring (IJEBCM)
- Book Chapters - The Art of Listening - Palgrave
- Book Chapters - Roles, Risks and Complexity: An Exploration of the Triangle Institutional Investors, Executive Boards and Supervisory Boards in the Netherlands - Routledge
- Book Chapters - Coach, Contain Thyself - Palgrave
- Book Chapters - Board on Task: Developing a Comprehensive Understanding of the Performance of Boards - Cambridge University Press