Phone: +65 6799 5487
Cross-border Investments & Entrepreneurship, The intricacies of Corporate Turnaround and Restructuring situations, Growth Capital& Private Equity – GP/ LP relationship, Alternative investments, focusing on Private Equity & Hedge Funds in Asia, Financial market dynamics, in particular the Interplay of volatility, correlation & the behaviour of crowds, Risk Management with a focus on extreme market movements & liquidity
Private equity, Growth Equity & Venture Capital, Managing Corporate Turnarounds, Risk Management (Integrated Risk Management, Market Risk, VaR & Investor Due Diligence), Hedge Funds & Alternative Investments
Claudia Zeisberger is an INSEAD Senior Affiliate Professor of Decision Sciences and Entrepreneurship & Family Enterprise. Professor Zeisberger founded INSEAD’s Global Private Equity Initiative (GPEI) in 2008. As the Academic Director, she is responsible for research, outreach & teaching in both Private Equity & Venture Capital. Through the centre’s work, INSEAD has established itself as the go-to source for insights on PE in emerging markets and as an incubator for talent and professionals.
Her links to alumni in the venture space were instrumental in the 2015 formation of “INSEAD Alum Ventures”, the school’s first dedicated seed fund, by Alumni – for Alumni.
Professor Zeisberger is known for her research on PE in emerging markets; her engagement with GPs & their portfolio firms is driven by her believe that PE can have a strong net positive impact on society if well executed. Appointments by PE firms and regulators and work with institutional LPs, Family Offices and SWFs globally have led to her involvement in cross-border investment discussions, especially between European & Asian counterparts.
In 2010, she launched INSEAD’s popular elective “Managing Corporate Turnarounds,” which combines in-class cases, theory and visits from industry professionals with an intensive computer-based simulation involving the iconic car brand SAAB and its struggle with bankruptcy. Over a full weekend student teams work to rescue the distressed car manufacturer by drawing on their management, finance and operational skills whilst facing increasingly complex decisions impacting both the firm’s short-term liquidity and long-term value creation. Students consider MCT the perfect capstone elective to put their MBA skills to test; corporations see the simulation as an opportunity to prepare their senior executives for tricky times ahead.
Professor Zeisberger teaches the Private Equity & Venture Capital, Corporate Turnaround and Risk management electives in INSEAD’s MBA, EMBA and Executive Education programmes across the school’s three campuses. She has been nominated repeatedly for the Best Teaching Award in her PE elective and received the “Dean’s Commendation for Excellence in MBA Teaching” for the last 6 years running.
Joining Academia in 2005 after a 16-year career in global investment banking & alternative investments allowed her to leverage her extensive network and combine her passion for education & innovation by connecting academia with industry. Her professional experience, acquired through her time in Derivatives trading, structuring and institutional sales at international financial institutions (Deutsche Bank, Berisford Capital Markets Group (BCMG) and Dresdner Bank) in New York, London, Frankfurt, Tokyo & Singapore has shaped her motto that “Relevance lies where theory & practice collide”.
She has worked with clients in China, Hong Kong, Malaysia, Thailand, Taiwan, Europe & the Middle East and continues to advise institutional investors, Asian family offices, sovereign wealth funds and regulators on Financial Market Dynamics, Risk Management and Private Equity related issues.
Professor Zeisberger is a founding committee member of the Financial Women’s Association (FWA) in Singapore and was previously on the Board of the Singapore Venture Capital Association (SVCA). In her spare time she is a passionate Polo Player.
- REPORTS - Private Equity Navigator: Private Equity Analysis from Pevara & INSEAD’s Global Private Equity Initiative - INSEAD
- WORKING PAPERS - Strategic Buyers vs. Private Equity Buyers in an Investment Process
- CASE STUDIES - Rice from Africa for Africa: Duxton Asset Management and its Investment in Tanzanian Rice Farming
- CASE STUDIES - JPMorgan and the London Whale
- REPORTS - Private Equity Navigator: Private equity analysis from Pevara & INSEAD’s Global Private Equity Initiative - INSEAD
- WORKING PAPERS - Private Equity and family Businesses - Making the Partnership Work
- CASE STUDIES - Slalom to the Finish: Carlyle's Exit from Moncler
- CASE STUDIES - Going Direct: The Case of Teachers' Private Capital
- CASE STUDIES - Chips on the Side (B): The Buy-Out of Avago Technologies
- CASE STUDIES - Chips on the Side (A): The Buy-Out of Avago Technologies
- WORKING PAPERS - Private Equity Exits in China and India
- WORKING PAPERS - Brazilian Private Equity: Moving Centre Stage
- CASE STUDIES - Valuation and Return Measurement in Private Equity: An Overview
- WORKING PAPERS - Demographics: The Ratio of Revolution
- WORKING PAPERS - Demographic Forecasting Stock Market and Housing Trends in Japan and the United States Over the Past 50 Years and a Forecast for the Next 20 Years
- CASE STUDIES - Asian Private Equity (A): The Quest for Return
- CASE STUDIES - “The 4 Quadrants”: A World of Risk and a Road Map to Understand It
- CASE STUDIES - Dirty White Swans: Could Unexpected Extreme Events Put You Out of Business?
- CASE STUDIES - Sula Vineyards: Indian Wine - Ce n'est pas possible !
- CASE STUDIES - Investor Growth Capital: The Bredbandsbolaget Investment
- CASE STUDIES - NBGI Ventures: The Direct Energie Investment
- CASE STUDIES - Evolvence: India Life Sciences Fund
- CASE STUDIES - Turning an Elephant into a Cheetah: The Turnaround of Indian Railways
- CASE STUDIES - Bank USA: The Challenge of Compensation after the 2008 Financial Crisis
- CASE STUDIES - Beroni Group: Managing GP-LP Relationships
- Slalom to the Finish: Carlyle's Exit from Moncler
- Crisis at the Mill: Weaving an Indian Turnaround - Alvarez & Marsal
- PE in Emerging Markets
- Chips on the Side: The Buy-out of Avago Technologies
- Going Direct : The Case of Teachers' Private Capital
- Pro-invest: How to Launch a Private Equity Real Estate Fund
- Differentiation Beyond Price: CD&R’s Strategy in Acquiring Hussmann
- The Indian Railways 'Cash Cow'