Phone: +65 6799 5334
Incentive Schemes, Contests and Tournaments, Risk Analysis, Bayesian Statistics, Decision Analysis, Decision Making
Judgement and Choice (Executive Education), Bayesian Analysis, Probability and Statistics (PhD), Decision Analysis, Applied Statistics (MBA), Uncertainty, Data and Judgement, Decision Making, Risk Management
Anil Gaba is a Professor of Decision Sciences and the Orpar Chaired Professor of Risk Management at INSEAD. He is the Academic Director of INSEAD Centre for Decision Making and Risk Analysis. He served as Dean of Faculty in 2006-2009, and as Dean of Faculty and Research, Asia Campus, in 2002-2006.
Anil received his PhD in Decision Sciences from Duke University in the United States.
His research focuses on the area of assessment and use of subjective information, and analysis of decisions under risk and uncertainty. His research has appeared in several academic journals such as Management Science, Operations Research, Marketing Science, and Journal of Risk and Uncertainty. He is a co-author of a book Dance with Chance: Making Luck Work For You(with S. Makridakis and R. Hogarth).
He teaches courses on Uncertainty, Data, and Judgment (MBA), Probability and Statistics (PhD), and Bayesian Analysis (PhD). In addition, he teaches modules on Judgments and Decision Making and Risk Management in several Executive Education programmes all over the world including Europe, United States, China, Singapore, India, and the Middle East. He has won the INSEAD Outstanding Teacher Award for the MBA Core Course (Uncertainty, Data, and Judgment) ten times.
He is a regular consultant and a keynote speaker at various multinationals in areas of judgments and decision making and risk management.'
Anil Gaba is co-directing the International Directors Programme.
- Journal Articles - Modifying Variability and Correlations in Winner-Take-All Contests - Operations Research
- Working Papers - Modifying Variability and Correlations in Winner-Take-All Contests
- Working Papers - Optimal Dynamic Strategies in Multiround Contests
- Working Papers - Strategic Choice of Variability in Multiround Contests and Contests with Handicaps
- Working Papers - Modifying Variability and Correlation in Winner-Take-All Contests
- Working Papers - Modifying Variability and Correlation in Contests
- Book Chapters - A Judgment: Its Role and Value for Strategy
- Journal Articles - Risk Behavior in Response to Quotas and Contests - Marketing Science