- LoginAccess your ApplicationOr learn more about our programmes and applyAccess MyINSEAD
Begins 23 Oct 2023
Deadline to apply: 9 Oct (11 AM CET)
Strategising the Business Opportunities
Finance is already one of the most digitised of all industries. FinTech—the adaptation of cutting-edge technology into financial transactions to improve performance—has become a buzzword on Wall Street, Main Street, and Silicon Valley alike.
But what is FinTech exactly? What are its main areas and technologies, and what can these technologies do?
Technology offers a dizzying array of possibilities, but not every technological possibility is a good business opportunity. As an incumbent, what are the potential threats posed by FinTech and how can they be turned into opportunities? As a challenger, which areas are promising and which areas are far-fetched?
The INSEAD Fintech Programme helps develop your understanding of the four main areas of FinTech: payment systems; lending and fund-raising; cryptocurrencies and blockchains; and technology-driven trading and investing. You will explore these technologies from a business point of view, and discover not only the potential transformative power of some technologies, but also their limitations, so that you are able to critically evaluate either the opportunity or threat that your organisation may face due to FinTech.
The programme will enable you to build a solid understanding of what FinTech is, and ultimately develop the needed strategic response relevant to your organisation.
How you benefit
- Understand the main verticals of FinTech and their underlying key technologies
- Discover the incumbent/challenger ecosystem in each vertical
- Explore the disruptive power and limitations of key technologies from a business point of view
- Evaluate business opportunities or threats arising from FinTech and formulate appropriate strategies
This programme is designed for business leaders, executives, and entrepreneurs interested in understanding the business case for and against various FinTech trends.
This programme qualifies for the INSEAD Online Certificates: Leading in a Transforming World.
INSEAD's Cutting-edge Online Programmes
Through outstanding design and delivery, INSEAD’s online programmes build upon our world-class faculty’s ability to convey very complex concepts in the simplest yet most comprehensible way.
- Content designed specifically for the online format, including short high-impact videos
- Professional, television-quality filming in INSEAD amphitheatres with actual participants
- Use of relevant and engaging examples and short case studies from a wide range of industries
Through a rich set of interactive elements, we build a community of faculty, learning coaches and diverse, high-quality global executives who learn together as a group - one of INSEAD’s strengths.
- A mobile-friendly learning platform built to maximise interaction and engagement
- Faculty answering questions during the programme via live calls and just-in-time videos
- A learning coach guides participants through the programme at each step, simulating content discussions and helping them with their learning.
- The guided ‘real-world assignments’ feature of the programmes encourages participants to take newly acquired skills and apply them within the context of their actual job and organisation.
- The projects are closely aligned with the learning in the programme and benefit from the learning community, with feedback from the learning coach and from peer review.
Upon successful completion of all programme activities, combined with satisfactory grades on the final assignment, participants are awarded with an official Certificate of Completion from INSEAD, which they can also showcase on their LinkedIn profile. The top performers will receive a Certificate with Distinction.
Three Keys to Ending the Great Lockdown
Mass testing combined with AI is our best hope of managing the coronavirus and containing the economic fallout.
Three Objectives for Moving Forward With AI
Taking ownership of AI is about more than technological competencies – it’s an overarching organisational challenge.