Begins 28 Sep 2020
*Deadline to apply: 14 Sep 2020 (11 AM CET)
Driving the gender diversity agenda
Achieving gender balance is a top priority for most organisations today. The importance placed on this goal comes partly from the recognition that increased diversity can drive organisational performance, and partly from policy makers, activists and the general public urging organisations to boost women’s representation across all levels of their business.
While many organisations have good intentions, optimising gender balance is not straightforward. There are no silver bullets, nor are there off-the-shelf solutions that can be applied to all organisations regardless of context. What holds organisations back is a complex web of systemic, cultural, and structural issues that must be understood before they can be overcome. A carefully considered, bespoke response is invaluable for executives committed to enabling gender balance in their organisations.
The INSEAD Gender Diversity Programme provides the understanding, concepts and tools that will allow you to develop a strategic and practical plan to reach gender balance in your organisation. Based on cutting-edge research, the programme will support you in building a business case for change. It will enable you to diagnose the key blockers women face in your organisation and allow you to develop a suite of multi-level interventions that work.
How you benefit
- Develop a customised business case for gender balance to drive momentum and commitment in your organisation
- Understand the range of challenges women face in organisations, and accurately diagnose those most pertinent to your context
- Design and execute a set of individual and organisational interventions - both behind-the-scenes and visible - that are tailored to your role and organisation
The INSEAD Gender Diversity Programme is primarily designed for people leaders at two levels:
- Executives who are in traditional leadership positions – of teams, business units, products or functions – and who are committed to driving gender balance in their area
- Senior executives who are responsible for driving the diversity and inclusion agenda of their organisations
The programme is also relevant for human resources, and diversity and inclusion specialists.
Discover the INSEAD Gender Diversity Programme
Delivered fully online, the INSEAD Gender Diversity Programme is a unique programme designed for both male & female leaders.
Discover more by watching Programme Directors Jennifer Petriglieri and Zoe Kinias discuss why the programme is important, what it aims to do and how it helps improve gender balance on a global level.
INSEAD's Cutting-edge Online Programmes
Through outstanding design and delivery, INSEAD’s online programmes build upon our world-class faculty’s ability to convey very complex concepts in the simplest yet most comprehensible way.
- Content designed specifically for the online format, including short high-impact videos
- Professional, television-quality filming in INSEAD amphitheatres with actual participants
- Use of relevant and engaging examples and short case studies from a wide range of industries
Through a rich set of interactive elements, we build a community of faculty, learning coaches and diverse, high-quality global executives who learn together as a group - one of INSEAD’s strengths.
- A mobile-friendly learning platform built to maximise interaction and engagement
- Faculty answering questions during the programme via live calls and just-in-time videos
- A learning coach guides participants through the programme at each step, simulating content discussions and helping them with their learning.
- The guided ‘real-world assignments’ feature of the programmes encourages participants to take newly acquired skills and apply them within the context of their actual job and organisation.
- The projects are closely aligned with the learning in the programme and benefit from the learning community, with feedback from the learning coach and from peer review.
Upon successful completion of all programme activities, combined with satisfactory grades on the final assignment, participants are awarded with an official Certificate of Completion from INSEAD, which they can also showcase on their LinkedIn profile. The top performers will receive a Certificate with Distinction.
INSEAD Celebrates Women
In 1967, INSEAD became one of the first business schools in the world to admit women to its MBA programme to the Fontainebleau campus.To commemorate this 50-year milestone, the school is launching a year-long celebration which will honour the past, present and future of women at INSEAD, while also reaffirming a commitment – to equip women for success at every stage of their career and in every organisation.
With the launch of the INSEAD Gender Diversity Programme, INSEAD continues this commitment and aims to address the issue of enabling gender diversity in organisations.
Organisations are investing heavily to level the playing field for professional women, but they often lack a systematic approach.
In the workplace, women can capitalise on self-confidence only when they exhibit “feminine” behaviours as well.