Develop effective strategies in a digital age
In the last decade, digital has become part of almost every debate and discussion around strategy and often, the central focus. The reason is simple.
Powerful and interconnected technologies today including the cloud and AI, mean any business going through a digital transformation journey will be handed lucrative opportunities, but will also have to face dramatic threats.
The possibilities for new products, services and business models promise to substantially impact almost every sector of the economy even those where digital has already brought important changes.
And yet, although the long-term impacts of digital promise to be deep and far reaching, the path to this future for industries, companies and consumers is proving far from linear or predictable. Often claims of impending disruptions do not materialise, at least in the time frame or manner predicted. A carefully considered, strategic response is invaluable in approaching digital transformation so that your business remains sustainable and agile in this ever-changing environment.
Strategy in the Age of Digital Disruption provides the strategic tools, concepts and perspectives that will allow you to develop a strategic response to the new digital possibilities and to then align your organisation for effective strategy execution. It will support you in becoming more proactive in the digital domain, help you turn digital threats into opportunities, and allow you to leverage digital to create competitive advantage and enhanced performance.
How you benefit
- Demonstrate how digital is transforming the industry value chain, patterns of demand and competitive pressures that impact your industry
- Leverage digital to develop compelling value propositions that help you to turn a threat into an opportunity
- Execute on digital strategies by aligning key activities across your organisation with new value propositions and by balancing strategic agility for a digital world with the longer-term sustainability required to build key resources
- Gain an understanding of AI and its value creation power and explore key challenges in executing AI strategies
- Acquire insights directly from leading executives on how they are adapting to digital in their own organisations.
Strategy in the Age of Digital Disruption is a meeting place for two groups. It is designed for:
- Executives who are in traditional leadership positions - of business units, products and functions - who need to better leverage digital in their current leadership activities.
- Executives who already have deep expertise and passion for digital and whose roles and projects are becoming increasingly strategic for their organisations.
Together you will learn how to drive a strategic approach to digital opportunities in your organisations.
Given the strategic orientation of the programme, participants should typically have at least 10 years of professional experience.
This programme qualifies for the INSEAD Online Certificates: Leading in a Transforming World.
THE PREMIUM JOURNEY :
Take your Action Learning Project to the next level for unprecedented impact
You now have the option to choose the Premium Journey for this programme and deliver an entirely new level of impact – for your organisation and your professional development.
The Premium Journey gives you the chance to take your INSEAD Action Learning Project much further. Working closely with your learning coach throughout the programme, you will fully customise your project around a specific need, challenge or opportunity that you or your organisation are facing. The journey begins with a phase of conceptual learning, during which you will formulate a plan for applying the concepts through your Action Learning Project, supported by in-depth conversations with your learning coach. This is followed by a phase of experimentation where you will iteratively implement your Action Learning Project in your organisation, assess results and adapt as needed. Your learning coach will continue to support you during this phase, acting as a sounding board to reflect deeply on what works, what doesn’t work and why.
By the end of your Premium Journey, you will be ready to deliver a robust, tested and validated plan for action – to create unprecedented value and impact for you and your organisation.
INSEAD's Cutting-edge Online Programmes
Through outstanding design and delivery, INSEAD’s online programmes build upon our world-class faculty’s ability to convey very complex concepts in the simplest yet most comprehensible way.
- Content designed specifically for the online format, including short high-impact videos
- Professional, television-quality filming in INSEAD amphitheatres with actual participants
- Use of relevant and engaging examples and short case studies from a wide range of industries
Through a rich set of interactive elements, we build a community of faculty, learning coaches and diverse, high-quality global executives who learn together as a group - one of INSEAD’s strengths.
- A mobile-friendly learning platform built to maximise interaction and engagement
- Faculty answering questions during the programme via live calls and just-in-time videos
- A learning coach guides participants through the programme at each step, simulating content discussions and helping them with their learning.
- The guided ‘real-world assignments’ feature of the programmes encourages participants to take newly acquired skills and apply them within the context of their actual job and organisation.
- The projects are closely aligned with the learning in the programme and benefit from the learning community, with feedback from the learning coach and from peer review.
Upon successful completion of all programme activities, combined with satisfactory grades on the final assignment, participants are awarded with an official Certificate of Completion from INSEAD, which they can also showcase on their LinkedIn profile. The top performers receive a Certificate with Distinction.
Open-sourced collaborative projects like Hyperledger are helping companies find the value of blockchain technology...
Start-ups in the capital market space are a small part of the fintech world but find multiple opportunities to disrupt retail trading.
What does it take to keep a company and its brand at the top today? Peter Zemsky, Dean for Strategic Initiatives and Innovation, explains how the last few years have seen digital strategy becoming a top priority for more and more corporate leaders.
The Microsoft-INSEAD Customised Online Programme case study wins GOLD in the category of Professional Development.
The world’s going digital, but is your company ready to make the change? Sometimes having the technology is not enough.
For over a decade companies have been urged to “digitalise” or risk getting left behind. While many accept this as a reality, we argue that the precept is at best confusing and at worst unclear for those eager to act.