Begins 25 Jan 2019
Begins 10 May 2019
*Enrolment for the January session closes Friday January 11, 2019 (4 PM CET).
Develop a strategic response to digital disruption
Disruption is one of the most popular terms in management today. The surge in interest comes in large part from the dramatic opportunities and threats being created by today’s powerful digital technologies. The cloud now conveniently and inexpensively packages incredible processing power and digital storage, while inexpensive bandwidth and versatile smartphones make digital a ubiquitous part of modern life. The possibilities for new products, services and business models promise to substantially impact almost every sector of the economy even those where digital has already brought important changes.
Strategy in the Age of Digital Disruption provides the strategic tools, concepts and perspectives that will allow you to develop a strategic response to the new digital possibilities and to then align your organisation for effective strategy execution. It will support you in becoming more proactive in the digital domain, help you turn digital threats into opportunities, and allow you to leverage digital to create competitive advantage and enhanced performance.
How you benefit
- Understand how digital can disrupt your industry by transforming the industry value chain, patterns of demand and competitive pressures
- Leverage digital to develop compelling value propositions that allow you to turn disruption from a threat to an opportunity
- Execute on digital strategies by aligning key activities across your organisation with new value propositions and by balancing strategic agility for a digital world with the longer-term perspective required to build key resources
Strategy in the Age of Digital Disruption is a meeting place for two groups. It is designed for:
- Executives who are in traditional leadership positions - of business units, products and functions - who need to better leverage digital in their current leadership activities.
- Executives who already have deep expertise and passion for digital and whose roles and projects are becoming increasingly strategic for their organisations.
Together you will learn how to drive a strategic approach to digital opportunities in your organisations.
Given the strategic orientation of the programme, participants should typically have at least 10 years of professional experience.
Embracing the exciting new possibilities
created by digital
Our online programmes combine our deep expertise in developing high-quality executive programmes that translate into business impact with the convenience of modern online learning. INSEAD is among the top three Executive Education providers globally, with a world-class faculty and an ability to deliver cutting-edge business content to an international business community. True to our pioneering spirit and tradition of innovation, in 2014 we started developing customised online programmes for leading global companies including Microsoft and Accenture. A tremendous success, our customised online programmes have now won numerous learning industry awards based on strong results for completion rates, for relevance, and for business impact across more than 20,000 executives.
Effective online programmes must overcome one key challenge: sustaining the interest and the motivation of participants during the programme. We do this in myriad ways that build on the high-quality delivery and expertise for which INSEAD is renowned. There are multidimensional interactions with peers and world-class faculty, individual learning support from our coaches, certification upon successful completion, and real-time application back to participants’ own context.
Deputy Dean of INSEAD, Dean of Innovation
The Eli Lilly Chaired Professor of Strategy and Innovation
INSEAD's Cutting-edge Online Programmes
Through outstanding design and delivery, INSEAD’s online programmes build upon our world-class faculty’s ability to convey very complex concepts in the simplest yet most comprehensible way.
- Content designed specifically for the online format, including short high-impact videos
- Professional, television-quality filming in INSEAD amphitheatres with actual participants
- Use of relevant and engaging examples and short case studies from a wide range of industries
Through a rich set of interactive elements, we build a community of faculty, learning coaches and diverse, high-quality global executives who learn together as a group - one of INSEAD’s strengths.
- A mobile-friendly learning platform built to maximise interaction and engagement
- Faculty answering questions during the programme via live calls and just-in-time videos
- A learning coach guides participants through the programme at each step, simulating content discussions and helping them with their learning.
- The guided ‘real-world assignments’ feature of the programmes encourages participants to take newly acquired skills and apply them within the context of their actual job and organisation.
- The projects are closely aligned with the learning in the programme and benefit from the learning community, with feedback from the learning coach and from peer review.
Upon successful completion of all programme activities, combined with satisfactory grades on the final assignment, participants are awarded with an official Certificate of Completion from INSEAD, which they can also showcase on their LinkedIn profile. The top performers receive a Certificate with Distinction.
Professor Peter Zemsky discusses the INSEAD Online experience and talks about how Strategy in the Age of Digital Disruption can help you create a response to digital disruption.
Start-ups in the capital market space are a small part of the fintech world but find multiple opportunities to disrupt retail trading.
What does it take to keep a company and its brand at the top today? Peter Zemsky, Dean for Strategic Initiatives and Innovation, explains how the last few years have seen digital strategy becoming a top priority for more and more corporate leaders.
The Microsoft-INSEAD Customised Online Programme case study wins GOLD in the category of Professional Development.
The world’s going digital, but is your company ready to make the change? Sometimes having the technology is not enough.
For over a decade companies have been urged to “digitalise” or risk getting left behind. While many accept this as a reality, we argue that the precept is at best confusing and at worst unclear for those eager to act.