- LoginAccess your ApplicationOr learn more about our programmes and applyAccess MyINSEAD
Over the 5 consecutive weeks, the programme will enable you to learn how to develop your personal negotiation style, while learning new skills and strategies and, above all, getting the practice you need to be confident and effective.
As your knowledge builds across the weeks, you will come to understand the answers to different sets of key questions.
Introduction: Value Negotiation Principles
- How to understand negotiation from a broader perspective?
- What drives our negotiation behaviors?
- How to prepare ourselves to think outside the box?
- What went wrong in past negotiations?
- Introduction to Value Negotiation System
Start from the End: Defining Success
- How am I defining success? How is the other party defining success?
- How to measure success?
- How to navigate complex negotiations?
- Introduction to negotiation guidelines
- Negotiation balanced scorecard
Strategy for negotiation: best practices
- Do I have a proactive strategy or am I just going to react to what they do?
- What are the main strategic concerns in a negotiation?
- How can I put together a comprehensive and effective negotiation strategy?
- What strategic mistakes do people make?
- How to craft a win-lose or win-win strategy based on best practices?
Relationship Building & Trust
- What is trust? What is a good relationship for negotiation purposes?
- How can I diagnose my relationship to know if it is a good one? Or where to act to improve it?
- What are the different approaches to building relationships?
- How to avoid falling into relationship pitfalls or traps?
- How to build a good working relationship in your negotiation?
Navigating the Value Tension: Balancing Value Creation and Claiming
- What is the value tension? And why is it there?
- How to prepare to minimise the negative effects?
- How to create value in ways that do not hurt your future value claiming efforts?
- How can I claim value while continue to negotiate win-win?
- What are value creation and claiming best practices?
Your Online Learning Journey
Throughout the programme, an INSEAD Learning Coach will be guiding you and helping you maximise the impact of your learning journey.
*Please note the programme may include a pause week(s).
Action Learning Project
Your Action Learning Project (ALP) is a unique opportunity to apply your learning to your own business context. The ALP will take you on a step-by-step journey in which you will identify a non-trivial, yet manageable, business challenge, which can serve as a realistic platform to put in practice the key concepts acquired during the programme.
Working directly with a learning coach, you will design the ALP that best fits with your personal learning objectives.
There are three phases to the ALP process:
- First, you will agree on the scope of your ALP with the learning coach, to make sure it aligns with the learning objectives of the programme and culminates in a concrete goal.
- Second, in each of the five content weeks, you will apply the tools and concepts from that week to your ALP.
- Third, following the completion of the course work you will synthesize your weekly submissions to propose a concrete strategic recommendation . Your final submission will be subject to peer review. All participants will review two to four other submissions and provide peer feedback.
Typical Week on an INSEAD Online Programme
Each week of content follows a very clear path to facilitate learning for busy executives. The platform allows participants to learn at their own pace during each week, by viewing the content, completing assignments and engaging in discussions, taking on average 4-6 hours per week to complete.
*This is the recommended number of hours per week however please note that working on the Action Learning Project (ALP) may require up to two additional hours/week.
Call Asia office