Innovation in the Age of Disruption is an online programme delivered over 5 weeks that requires you to work on multiple levels. Each week develops one part of the overall the three following topics.
Developing an Innovative Mindset
The first step in this learning journey is to understand what makes innovative people innovative. Do they have innate creativity that makes them better innovators, or can a person be trained in innovative behaviours? We delve into research about the sources of creativity and innovation that help develop an innovative mindset.
- Learn about our research into innovation leaders and what makes them great innovators
- Develop the behaviours that help you become more creative and innovative
- Help team members cope with uncertainty by crafting a vision that taps into their deeper motivations
Problem-solving & Experimentation
What tools can organisations use to more effectively turn ideas into new businesses? We draw insights from lean start-ups, design thinking, agile methodologies and business model innovation to develop a single, end-to-end framework for testing innovation ideas.
- Kick-start the innovation process by improving your ability to develop insights
- Learn about the tools and frameworks to uncover the core problem you are solving
- Use rapid experimentation techniques to test your ideas and assumptions under conditions of uncertainty
Fostering Innovation in Organisations
How do you lead innovation in an organisation that has well-entrenched methods for executing strategy? We show how to successfully lead an innovative project and adapt to the uncertainty it brings.
- Learn how to be a better leader by complementing your decision-making role with that of becoming the chief experimenter
- Set up your team to succeed in innovation projects by redefining the realms of freedom and instilling catalysts for motivation
- Explore how to measure the success of innovation projects compared to projects performed in more certain, mature business contexts and the cultural elements of adaptive organisations
Weekly Learning Journey
Each week of content follows a very clear path to facilitate learning for busy executives. The platform allows participants to learn at their own pace during each week, by viewing the content, completing assignments and engaging in discussions, taking on average 3-5 hours per week to complete.
Action Learning Project
Developing the ability to innovate by generating more ideas to solve business problems and putting them into action is becoming increasingly critical in building a competitive advantage for your organisation in this disruptive age. Skilfully applying this ability to your own business context will be key to navigating uncertainty, unlocking value and seizing the opportunities presented by disruption.
With this in mind, the Action Learning Project (ALP) will give you the opportunity to practise applying your learning to your own role. The ALP will take you on a step-bystep journey to become an innovative leader and drive innovation within your organisation.
Typically, the ALP will revolve around applying the tools and frameworks acquired in the programme to prepare an actionable plan to become more innovative as an individual (innovative me), drive innovation in key projects around your business context (innovative ideas to solve business problems) and lead innovation in the team and the organisation (innovative culture).
Working with the learning coach, you will design an ALP that is right for your personal learning objectives. For those attending the programme with colleagues from the same organisation, the learning coach can help you structure a more ambitious team ALP to collaborate and work on together.
There are 3 phases to the ALP process: First, you will identify an innovative idea as the focus of your ALP. Second, in subsequent weeks, you will apply the concepts from that week to your ALP, exploring your innovative behaviour and applying the innovation process. Third, you will synthesise elements from your weekly submissions into a coherent actionable plan for your innovative idea and submit it for peer review in the final week of the programme. All participants will review 4 other submissions and provide peer feedback.