Create, scale and integrate new businesses to meet disruption head on
Companies today are operating in an increasingly complex world. Rapid technological changes, digital disruption, and unforeseen shocks such as the COVID-19 pandemic are making the business environment more unpredictable, dynamic and interconnected. How can companies ensure success and continued growth in these times of great change?
To accelerate innovation and leverage growth opportunities, forward-thinking firms are increasingly turning to corporate venturing: finding, funding, and then nurturing and ultimately monetising new businesses through exit or integration into the parent company’s core business processes. Put simply, corporate venturing is providing companies a new and more robust mechanism to stay ahead of the curve.
Corporate Venturing and Innovation is INSEAD’s new programme for senior leaders and decision-makers who are looking for break-through ideas to build a game-changing portfolio of new businesses.
You gain clear insights into the dynamics of corporate venturing. From finding, evaluating and nurturing new ideas to building the right processes, structures and innovation ecosystems to establish relationships with the wider start-up and investment community. You emerge from the programme with a comprehensive understanding of what’s at stake, and a customised action plan to build new businesses.
How you benefit
- Decide on the best structure/ processes/ alternatives for your own corporate venturing efforts
- Align expectations across the parent company, business units, and the portfolio of ventures
- Determine clear strategic and financial return targets
- Discover how to structure the relationship between the parent company and your ventures
- Build the mechanisms to fund and support new businesses as they test and validate ideas
- Develop and deploy a highly skilled business-building team
- Decide on the best mix of venture-building tools for your corporate environment
This programme is especially relevant to those senior executives involved in expanding or rethinking the innovation strategy inside their organisation including:
- Board members and C-suite executives
- Corporate business development professionals
- Chief Technology and Innovation Officers
- R&D professionals
- Business unit executives
- Next-generation family business owners
This programme qualifies for the INSEAD Certificate in Global Management.