Leading people and organisations through transformation.
The INSEAD Executive Master in Change (EMC) is a programme unlike any other.
With a convenient modular schedule that allows you to study while you work, it is a personal development pathway that takes you deep into the basic drivers of human behaviour and the hidden dynamics of organisations.
By integrating business education with a range of psychological disciplines, the EMC prepares you to assume roles in leading organisations, drive individual and organisational development, and successfully execute change management.
- Managers and Leaders transforming organisations
- Industry experts, C-Suite and Senior Professionals
- Coaches and Consultants guiding clients through change
- Senior HR professionals
- Psychotherapists coaching change agents
How you benefit
- Sophisticated change leadership. Develop your capability and authority to lead people and organisations through transformation. Understand yourself as an instrument of change and learn how to empower others to champion change.
- Psychological and systems approach to change. Assimilate knowledge and frameworks to effect behavioural and organisational change, integrating human and system complexity. Gain a deep understanding of the role of emotions, the economy of knowledge and developing human capital.
- Career and personal development. Study in a diverse, global cohort to support your personal development journey through peer and individual coaching. Move from success to significance.
Strong international network. You will join the INSEAD family of over 64,000 influential alumni across 180 countries with 160+ nationalities.
A Typical EMC Class
Main Industry Sectors
|Technology, Media & Telecom||14%|
Meet the EMC Class
The EMC has intakes on both the INSEAD Europe and Asia campuses each year. The class profiles below offer a brief introduction to the participants in each class, showcasing their professional profiles and objectives for pursuing the EMC. Be inspired by browsing their stories!
Vulnerability is a Strength
“Accept yourself as you are,” says EMC 2019 alumna Jane who founded her own company in the middle of her professional career.
"Contrary of what you might believe, you can actually build confidence in others when you are strong enough to admit that you do not have all the answers," she says.
Our goal is to develop scholar-practitioners, with ‘night vision’ and a deeper understanding of what goes on below the surface in themselves and others, in order to be more effective in their roles."
Professor Erik Van de Loo, Programme Director
We live in a fast-moving and ever-changing world where we cannot always choose our destiny. But how we respond, calming the mind and developing the capacity to think rather than just act, will certainly help oneself and others.
Professor Michael Jarrett, Programme Director
Developing the capacity to remain active and effective in the whirl of daily life requires the paradoxical ability to observe ourselves from an external perspective. One of the goals of the programme is to foster the development of both perspectives – in the game and on ‘the balcony’ at the same time.
Professor Michael Shiel, Programme Director
By exploring system psychodynamics through a variety of conceptual and experiential methods and practical application, the EMC helps leaders to refine their understanding and handling of challenging business situations. Ultimately, the resulting shift in awareness and the ability to work with human and system complexity, helps leaders to drive purpose and business.
Professor Saskia de Maat, Programme Director
If you have any questions related to our programmes or application procedures, we are here to help you.
No, it is a programme on change, designed when coaching was an orientation rather than an industry. As such there is no coaching qualification offered following this programme. But it equips coaches with valuable skills to use with individuals in organisations.
The maximum length of the thesis is 50 pages of double-spaced text. The deadline is 4 months after the end of the final module. We will support you with workshops on research and writing methodologies and one-to-one sessions with an expert thesis tutor.