Kickstart your start-up journey with us!
Looking for entrepreneurship advice for your business doesn't have to be intimidating or overwhelming. As part of our mission to help INSEAD students become entrepreneurs, we created this Resources Hub to help you learn and to get ready for launch faster and more effectively. We have curated everything you need to know to build your startup – from fundraising and hiring, to marketing and best practises.
1. Form a Startup Course by startups.com
2. Co-founder equity calculator by founders.com
3. INSEAD Founders Matching Platform lead by the Maag Centre for Entrepreneurship (ICE)
4. Hiring guide by startupsavant.com
5. Startup Hiring guide : How to build a winning team by cobloom.com
6. How to Build a Team That Won’t Sink Your Startup by Neil Patel
Fundraising & Startup Finance
1. Startup Funding: what it is, how it works, & 5 tips for landing it by Katrina Kirsch
2. Find Funding Course by startups.com
3. Guide to seed fundraising by ycombinator.com
4. Best crowdfunding sites for startups by business.org
5. Best practices for raising a VC round by cdixon
6. Angel School
7. Velocity Capital interested in UK early-stage ventures
8. Due diligence by DealRoom
9. Odin Investor Database to help founders to discover and contact investors
11.Kickstarter (great for physical products)
13. Enterprise Singapore - financial assistance for grants, loans, tax incentives & investments
15. AngelList - tools for startups, investors, and fund managers
16. Startup SG - Startups and investors may apply.
17. National Framework for Research, Innovation and Enterprise (NRF) provides grants across different research fields. Early Stage Venture Fund (ESVF) - seeds funds with selected venture capital firms to invest in Singapore-based early-stage technology start-ups. invests S$10 million on a matching basis, to seed corporate venture capital (VC) funds that invest in Singapore-based early stage high-tech companies. As an incentive, the corporate VCs have the option to buy out NRF’s share of the fund within five years by returning NRF’s capital with interest.
18. IMDA accreditation programme aim in growing and nurturing the local ICM technology ecosystem.
1. The Complete Elevator Pitch Guide by bplans.com
2. How to pitch your startup by ycombinator.com
5. Pitching your early stage startup by Patrick McKinsey
6. Templates :
a. Seed Dec template by Aaron Harris
1. The Best 21 Online Marketing Tools for Small Businesses by hubspot.com
2. Customer Acquisition Course by startups.com
3. Articles on marketing by entrepreneur.com
4. A Beginner’s Guide in Marketing for Startup Founders by spdload.com
5. Guide on startup marketing by Neil Patel
6. 15 Fundamental Startup Marketing Strategies + Examples and Ideas by Hilal Yıldırım
1. INSEAD Ideas in Motion by Anjum Rangwala
2. Master of Scale by Reid Hoffman
3. The Sure Shot Entrepreneur by Gopi Rangan
8. Unreasonable Podcast - by 3 leading VCs in Asia on topics covering economics, politics etc.
Other useful websites
5. Funding your start-up – the ultimate guide by wrighthassall.co.uk
6. Term Sheets templates and Clauses to Look Out For During Negotiation by toptal
1. Rice Business Plan Competition - gives entrepreneurs real-world experience to pitch their startups, enhance their business strategy and learn what it takes to launch a successful company.
2. Poets & Quants Competition for Business School undergraduate and graduate students
3. Hello Tomorrow Global Challenge for deep tech emerging technology ventures
4. 2023 Web Summit Pitch Competition brings together the world’s leading early-stage startups to battle it out onstage
5. Milken-Penn GSE Education Business Plan Competition (EBPC) celebrates purpose-driven ventures that address persistent and emerging problems in education
6. SXSW Pitch showcases innovative new technology to a panel of industry experts, high-profile media professionals, venture capital investors, and angel investors
7. Hult Prize for social entrepreneurs
9. U.Pitch elevator pitch competition where top collegiate founders showcase business ideas to accomplished entrepreneurs and investors
11. The Network of International Business Schools (NIBS) Business Plan Competition
13. Climatech & Energy Prize @ MIT for students with climate & energy start-up ideas
14. 14th IOT/WT Innovation World Cup for IoT, Wearable and DeepTech start-ups & scale-ups
15. Pistoia Alliance President’s Startup Challenge for startups focusing on digital and health technology
16. University Startup World Cup hosted by a Danish non-profit, Venture Cup
17. Next Founders Business Plan Competition for Canadian business owners of scalable, high-growth ventures : https://www.nextcanada.com/next-founders/#/
18. Startups.co.uk competition for UK-based startups
19. SLINGSHOT - Deeptech startup pitching competition, powered by Startup SG
20. The Cleantech Challenge is a global business plan competition for students with innovative clean technology ideas, jointly hosted by the London Business School and University College London.
21. Kellogg-Morgan Stanley Sustainable Investing Challenge seeks to identify outstanding proposals offering novel investment strategies to meet some of the most pressing global challenges ahead.
22. INSEAD Venture Competition is a flagship entrepreneurship experience for all current INSEAD degree programme participants. This twice a year event represents a natural and exciting step in the development of INSEAD entrepreneurial students’ ventures.
23. Cartier Women’s Initiative Awards is a worldwide competition for women entrepreneurs who have been in business for over a year. The competition is broken down into seven regions.
1. One Giant Leap Event : 6 - 9 February 2023, Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
2. Startup Grind : 28 February - 2 March 2023, Silicon Valley, United States
3. 4YFN at Mobile World Congress : 27 February - 2 March 2023, Barcelona, Spain
4. South Summit: 7 - 9 June 2023, Madrid, Spain
5. London Tech Week : 12 - 16 June 2023, London, United Kingdom
6. Viva Technology : 14 - 17 June 2023, Paris, France
7. Dublin Tech Summit : 15 - 16 June 2023, Dublin, Ireland
8. hub.berlin Conference : 28 - 29 June 2023, Berlin, Germany
9. INSEAD Entrepreneurship Forum : 22 - 24 September 2023, Lisbon, Portugal
10. Web Summit : November 2023, Lisbon, Portugal
11. Slush : Dates TBC, Helsinki, Finland
12. Singapore FinTech Festival : 15 - 17 Nov 2023, Singapore
13. Singapore Week of Innovation & Technology: year-long innovation movement
14. UNICON 2023 - Asia's Biggest & Craziest Entrepreneurship & Tech Conference : 27 Jan - 28 Jan 2023