Assessment: How blue is your ocean?
- Analyse the current ‘As-Is’ situation facing your business
- Draw the ‘As-Is’ strategic canvas of your business
- Evaluate the range of industry assumptions and the cost implications
- Contrast the outcome of a ‘blue ocean’ analysis with the outcome of a ‘red ocean’ perspective
Foundations of blue ocean strategy
- Identify ‘red’ and ‘blue oceans’
- Learn how to achieve ‘Value Innovation'
- Reconstruct market boundaries to break away from the competition
- Adapt analytical tools such as the 'Strategy Canvas' and 'Eliminate-Reduce-Raise-Create'
Review and critique
of competitive strategy
- Evaluate tools and concepts of traditional competitive strategy
Implementing blue ocean strategy
- Explore the two key approaches central to implementing Blue Ocean Strategy fast and at low cost while winning the support of employees
- Understand 'Tipping Point Leadership'
- Use 'Fair Process' in facilitating the execution of a Blue Ocean Strategy for your organisation
Creating new market space
- Unlock new demand in a market
- Understand the 'Three Tiers of Non-Customers'
- Draw your 'Buyer Utility Map'
- Use the 'Six Paths' framework to reconstruct market boundaries
Looking for your own 'blue ocean'
- Start the process of searching for a ‘blue ocean’ of new market space
- Practise using the various tools and frameworks and take advantage of the diverse perspectives of fellow participants